A Bed of Nails (Fine Art with a Hammer)

Very interesting stuff.
I admire the depth of your exploration of this approach.
It is also inspirational to those of us (may its just me) who compose just by following our nose.
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Trier. I used to play "find the cheese" with my dog, and at such times, the shih tzu would turn into a bloodhound: nose down; all you would hear was a repetative sniff as he tracked his quarry. I would sometimes use this "game" to occupy him if I had to go out. I am not making any deep point in sharing this. It was simply a recollection from the observation about using one's nose. I can still hear that sniff-sniff-sniffing now. It was merely a piece of cheese 🙂

Thanks Trier. I used to play "find the cheese" with my dog, and at such times, the shih tzu would turn into a bloodhound: nose down; all you would hear was a repetative sniff as he tracked his quarry. I would sometimes use this "game" to occupy him if I had to go out. I am not making any deep point in sharing this. It was simply a recollection from the observation about using one's nose. I can still hear that sniff-sniff-sniffing now. It was merely a piece of cheese 🙂
😀 Iain !
Yeah, Its a riot when the pet gets carried away with a game or diversion and won't quit. The similarity to human behaviour is a little unsettling sometimes.

It's looks very African-ish to me.
Never forget your origins, that's what I always say. Thanks, Artyczar.

Cereal box (Non-branded), Cleaning cloth (Unused).
pinkwhite.jpg

Bookclub.jpg

Cereal box (Branded), Children's Bookclub catalogue.

OnTheShelf.jpg

Plastic, Clay.

House painter's Dream.jpg

Acrylic on hardboard and pine.

Love, love, one and two! Walking in a gallery, I’d say, that’s Iain! Absolutely Iain! Very nice work! 💙

The 99p was reduced from £1.49. I liked the garish cheap-looking design of the price label, which comes from a discount chain. I even bothered to paint it.

99p.jpg

Sno! You've nearly ruined it for me. My butt hurts now.

Iain, I love the colors..may I ask what it's made of? Is it clay? Resin? It's cool! :)

It's the smallest of my works. At a guess 3 x 3 × 1. Jesus, what would it be like if it was in feet as opposed to inches! Cheers, D. I should contemplate that.

We never have guests. Now I wish we did. I once had a girlfriend who was doing some menial agency work, and one night she came home really late exhausted. Rummaging through her bag, she found something and threw it in disgust. "What's that?" I asked, going to retrieve it. "That," she said. "is compensation for a late work bus." I picked up the object of her consternation. It was a whoopee cushion. "You should have told them to sit on."

Back