A Bed of Nails (Fine Art with a Hammer)

20210204_051559.jpg
20210204_051842.jpg
20210204_052336.jpg

Well I kind of have a title for the top one. It seems like a collection of shullies. The second one is very graphic , my favourite,
Third one looks like a painting. Fun stuff!

Thank you PSA, I am glad you like them.
These are intriguing Iain. I always sit and try to figure out the materials when you post. :giggle:
Thank you sno. I do similar. Trying to figure out what I was thinking. I used what was close at hand.
Well I kind of have a title for the top one. It seems like a collection of shullies. The second one is very graphic , my favourite,
Third one looks like a painting. Fun stuff!
Thanks Jose, I originally titled the top one, Breasticles. But that wasn't my original idea, or my portmanteau word, for that matter. The shapes are more about a feeling or mood, I think. I'm glad you see what I saw in the second one. The naughty leaders of nations should be made to seesaw.

Last edited:
I don't know which is my favorite, but I love all of them. The last one is crazy, so maybe that's the one. But I love the first two for their design elements... Maybe the second one. When you post more than one at a time, you confuse me and I feel like I have to pick one. Stop that! 🤣

All major good pieces. I would love to see a big, proper exhibit of your work Iain. You deserve it for sure. Have you done one?

Love it. ❤️

I come up with show titles all the time and write them down in my sketchbooks, but never use most of them, or any of them usually. It's not like I have that many shows, but some are funny-ish.

I had one show called, It's Mostly About Me and Much Less About You.

A couple of basic pieces that were knocked out prior to the above (2013?), in my usual somnolent state. There are a couple more in a similar vein, but incorporating galvanized wire fencing, and that will be it. I don't know what type of wood this is, but when I picked it up it was the most unprepossessing piece of lumber, I don't know what possessed me. I think it was the thickness. I somehow related to the thickness. You can see how long it had been exposed to the elements by the weathered endgrain. I was surprised when it cleaned up to a fine creamy surface.

20200701_163900.jpg

20200701_163746.jpg

I had one show called, It's Mostly About Me and Much Less About You.
It is not the fault of the title, it is much more about me and my breathtaking density, but I just got it! That said, it only took me 22 days, 6 hrs, 56 mins. I haven't been called "Genius" for nothing. 😁

I love these wooden pieces very much. I don't know their sizes, but the top one makes me think of Richard Tuttle, who I LOVE! I guess that makes me think it's small?

They are in deed small. The top one is roughly 6' x 5.' I prefer that one, too. I usually begin something without much thought as to where it will lead. A bit like my relationships. 😁 Thank you, Arty. I really find your words encouraging. 🖤 I had insomnia last night, that's why i have posts all over the forum. I was going to say, "like a disease." I find Richard Tuttle very inspiring.

I have insomnia quite a lot. I feel for you. I'll wake up in the middle of the night and won't be able to get back to sleep. ...I guess that's what insomnia is, isn't it? Duh. I would say it is because of my age and hormones, but I've always been like that, even when I was young. I used to stay up and work (do art) while the rest of the world slept. Now I go to bed early and wake up so early, it's still the middle of the night and the whole world is asleep yet again.

I remember reading that the brain uses sleep to expel certain chemicals which would otherwise become toxic if left to build up unhindered. Something like that.

That's pretty crazy and interesting. I love stuff like that, but it keeps me awake at night.

Back