Your weirdest, craziest work?

I love the bulge, but his legs don't. They wish he were "legless."

Playing with the transparency of watercolor. I've been looking for my muse. I thought I lost it but maybe it's been here all along with this kind of abstract landscape thing. You're making me reconsider. :)

Reconsider! if I may be so bold.

What Edward Burra could do with watercolour was immense.

He returned to lastscape later in life. I love this. 'A Quarry Near Buxton.' 1970.

Last Burra.jpg

I had never heard of Burra, Iain, thanks! Very cool. I found this article about him, as much a pleasure to read as to look at the paintings. He was a moody withdrawn fellow apparently. I really like this one

from-the-ramparts.jpg

And an interesting thing is how not only the horizon is tilted, but he also painted with paper askew, so the texture is also angled. Great stuff. Inspirational. Thanks for that. Yeah watercolor is like the wild child of paints. It does what it wants. You guide it more than control it. Now that I'm painting in oil I realize that. I'll go back to it at some point but for now I have too many starts and not enough completions.

He was born with a condition that left him with crippling arthritis and chronic pain, despite this he lived an amazingly peripatetic full life, and the paintings speak for themselves, as he would have no doubt said when asked about them 😃 So enigmatic! He was lucky to come from wealth. Thanks for the link.

I have never seen tinned bananas, so I made my own.
( I hope I didn't repeat post ).
Did this in 2017, my first year of messing around with acrylic paints.

I just caught myself questioning the picture I just posted....
...is it weird or crazy enough to warrant being submitted?

I'm not sure, but I love the lobster. The claws. And the consistency of your approach in general !!!
I do love a crustacean. The armour plating. I wonder if the Romans ever questioned what the crustacean ever did for them.

I just caught myself questioning the picture I just posted....
...is it weird or crazy enough to warrant being submitted?
Someone who has posted a painting of canned bananas really does not have have to worry about not being weird enough....

I don't know about all this weird stuff. Turner was weird. The impressionists were weird. Picasso was weird. The most expensive paintings in the world are weird. It's so weird.

Back