Woods Back Of My LA House - PA

Trier

Supporting Member
The house has since been sold. This painting must be from about a dozen years ago.
One of the hottest days ever to paint, the acrylic dried as fast as I put it on the palette.

18 x 24 ins acrylic/hardboard
DSCN3141crop Woods Back of LA House PA.JPG

The loggers had just started their decimation.

This sure has the look of a plein air. Very nice painting and you're lucky to have it for the memories.

Good job. Acrylics on a hot day or in the wind can sure be challenging! (y)❤️

I love the busy-ness of this! So much going on and all the lose brushwork. It is just my kind of thing. It has so much charisms in the mark-making itself, like you mastered being able to make an impression of a familiar, loving scene that means a lot to you. I can feel that. Great colors here. Love every squiggle! ♥️ ♥️ ♥️

This sure has the look of a plein air. Very nice painting and you're lucky to have it for the memories.
Thank you Donna . . . yeah, I am very lucky even though the memories are bittersweet.
That strip of sunlight makes it.
Hey Bongo, yep, a big passing cloud darkened the background for a short time and I tried to remember it, and paint it, as fast as possible.
I have a few more I painted from that spot, and some from the house looking back to the spot. Nothing very good, but as Donna says, they bring back memories.
I like that this is loose and not a lot of detail.
You captured the light very well.
Thanks Perry, fast and loose was the only way I could paint plein air.
Beautiful. Shadows and light.
Thanks Terri, I lucked out with the values.
Good job. Acrylics on a hot day or in the wind can sure be challenging! (y)❤️
Thanks sno . . . it was a hot day AND with wind and the brushes turned into clubs with paint balls on the end.
I love the busy-ness of this! So much going on and all the lose brushwork. It is just my kind of thing. It has so much charisms in the mark-making itself, like you mastered being able to make an impression of a familiar, loving scene that means a lot to you. I can feel that. Great colors here. Love every squiggle! ♥️ ♥️ ♥️
It's great that you can feel that Arty because that 's the way it is for me. Thanks.

I concur with Perry and Artyczar. I love the looseness - the movement and palette. It's beautiful.

I concur with Perry and Artyczar. I love the looseness - the movement and palette. It's beautiful.
Thank you Iain, your kind comment, and the others, have encouraged me to post some more that I did at that place and time.

The energy of your session is very evident in the piece. The colors are vibrant and working for convincing light. ❤️

The energy of your session is very evident in the piece. The colors are vibrant and working for convincing light. ❤️
A belated thank you, Patrick. I always look forward to your insightful comments.

&Thanks to john, rodhlann, ams and Zen

Last edited:
It's a beautiful setting - I can see why the place meant a lot. Wonderful sunlight effect.

Back