WIP - Into the storm

MurrayG

Contributing Member
Hi folks, some small balancing of detail and distance to go. From a photo on one of my walks along the cliffs. The storm rolling in and the surreal bright grass. I was walking back and didn't make it before the rain.
Sort of sums up things at the moment....
Anyway, Rembrandt's on Canson MT dark blue paper, 30x40 cm. Thoughts or comments welcome.

IMG_2743.jpg

Incredible! What excellent bright colors against that sky.

See?!? I have said before you're great at coming up with new things from this vista. Look at you go. :) This is great!

Awesome piece, Murray! Such a sense of damp air and impending rain and the bright grass is one of those things we see before storms when the last rays of light sneak through. I like your beach house very much as well!

Beautiful! You can call it a WIP, but you could easily say it is finished now. Well done! ❤️

This is gorgeous. Love your light. One small critique, the far shadow under the mountain trees is so dark it pulls my eye. It may not be that way in real life, photos often darken shadows and make them "black". I just love this piece.

Hi, I agree and it was one of the little things that I have softened. It was not as pronounced on the painting, but I have been playing with a few small areas where I found exactly that "eye pull" that was not ideal. Thanks for confirming and inputting, really helpful.

Wow! was my first thought too. I like those clouds. This is a wonderful piece, full of depth, expectation, hope.

Huh. I typed this out, but never clicked post, apparently!

Nicely balanced here with some terrific distance and the curve of the foreground falling away is great! I also like the way the clouds are heavy with rain to the point they are dragged down- that's masterly.

Hope you didn't get too wet!

Really like this one! Love the dark stormy sky in contrast to the light forground grass tussocks.

Thanks all for passing by, I very much appreciate the encouragement. I'm still "studying" it, it pushed me a lot balancing perspective and light, one day it will click.

Back