What's the temperature there?

Different story here, sleetshowers, and just above zero (that's celsius you barbarians...).
We count ourselves lucky we planned our lambing season later than usual, they start this weekend and if the forecast is to be believed it should improve by then.

I’m still in bed so…good morning! Thankfully, nobody can see me and you’re welcome.

I just looked at our 10 day forecast here (Albuquerque NM). All sunny, no rain, no humidity, with all days mid 80’s-low 90’s, and good sleeping nights in the 50’s. Although it’s usually breezy, sometimes, there are dust storms where the air turns white and disappears the mountains. You stay inside and keep the windows closed.

Unfortunately, the UV index is usually a 9 out of 10. For the first time ever, I started wearing a little baseball cap when I walk and I HATE HATS! HATE. I have sunscreen (haven’t used it yet) and wear sunglasses so my eyeballs don’t burn. We’re flying pretty close to the sun but still….it just doesn’t feel all that hot. Must be the low humidity and gentle breeziness of the high desert climate. Plus, these adobe/stucco houses are like a cave inside and often it actually feels…kinda cold. No air conditioner needed yet.

I moved here (partly) for the good weather and so far it seems to be a weird alternative weather world from New England. I’m not looking forward to June-Aug, though…the sun-heat will probably fry me up like a giant slab of bacon.😎

Partly cloudy

59 °F
Precipitation: 2%
Humidity: 79%
Wind: 3 mph
Mahone Bay, NS
Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Partly cloudy
.. lovely here .. supposed to go to 78 later today .. rearrange the shed and get the lawn stuff out. Put the winter stuff to the back
.. ahhh... spring in the air.
Have a good one all and be safe.
Wayne

Partly cloudy

59 °F
Precipitation: 2%
Humidity: 79%
Wind: 3 mph
Mahone Bay, NS
Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Partly cloudy
.. lovely here .. supposed to go to 78 later today .. rearrange the shed and get the lawn stuff out. Put the winter stuff to the back
.. ahhh... spring in the air.
Have a good one all and be safe.
Wayne
Almost a ditto here, Wayne, in Seacoast, NH. 62, warmer temps forecasted. Veggie garden primed for some seedlings in a couple of weeks. All my digging tools, large and small, are getting their share of work. I love yard work!

We're having some lovely warm days in the 80s(F) but that's expected to drop off again soon. I'm in Michigan now, home to the beautiful Great Lakes, and have enjoyed the weather immensely! In Georgia (southeastern USA) it's been in the 90s already.

We're staying in my mom's place until we get to our own, and our 2 cats are really feeling Spring Fever. They mostly stay indoors, but we've always let them run in and out and they don't understand why they can't do it here. It's for their own safety (condominium, lots of cars, strange new place, etc) but there's no way to explain that. They're making do with lots of open windows! 🐈

We actually woke up to a white world. It's not freezing though, and I expect it to melt away over the day. At least the forecast says it's going to get warmer and sunny tomorrow.
And oh yeah, the first two lambs are born, a bit on the early side, but healthy and strong.

Central Queensland - 18 C. Don't mind the temperature, but the wind and rain very unseasonal for autumn here. Easy to imagine I'm back in Perth, Western Australia on a winters day.

Its 80 F here now. After having been between the high 50s and high 60s the last few days.
The heat really isn't helping me to get more of the garden planted.

Its 62 now which is the highest its been today so far.
I was able to get a lot more done so far.

- 3 Celsius or 26.6 Fahrenheit
Thank you for the conversion ;-)

It's hard for me to imagine those numbers today. It's too hot and feels like someone is trying to smother me in a wet wool blanket when I step out.

Happy Summer, well in the northern hemisphere, anyway. Longest day of the year and all that. Maybe it's the shortest day for all the Oz folk and Kiwis who hang out here :unsure: What do I know beyond my 'Murica-centric POV?

Back