What the heck do you look like?

Some things are meant to be... this was not planned.

LilStevie.JPG

stratstevie.JPG

I knew what several of you looked like but it is great seeing the rest of you and knowing who you really are. Funny how when you only have a name and a few posts, you have an image of a person in your mind. When you actually see the person you were usually miles from the truth. I used to talk on the CB radio and you do the same with voices. I talked with this one guy, his handle was Pilot, and he had the deepest voice so you pictured him as a big, gruff guy. When I actually met him he was a little squirrely guy that didn't match his voice at all. :LOL:

I knew what several of you looked like but it is great seeing the rest of you and knowing who you really are. Funny how when you only have a name and a few posts, you have an image of a person in your mind. When you actually see the person you were usually miles from the truth. I used to talk on the CB radio and you do the same with voices. I talked with this one guy, his handle was Pilot, and he had the deepest voice so you pictured him as a big, gruff guy. When I actually met him he was a little squirrely guy that didn't match his voice at all. :LOL:

You were no doubt pleasantly surprised to see just how handsome I am - unlike my avatar pic. :)

I'm now at the source of all the photo horrors and so will try to be brave and show you moi. There's nothing I hate more than having my picture taken and these are the best of all the rest and still, they're WAAAAYY more cringe-worthy than an 8yo me in a dumb bathing suit.
1.jpg

This appeared in one of the college year books (1970's, 19yo). Some roaming school photographer grabbed a candid shot as I turned into the sun. But maybe I was mad...totally possible. Again...no smile inside funny clothes. This was a black peasant blouse with feathers hanging off the front, for god sakes. I'm still with that hippie boy.

2.jpg

Taken around 2000...here's our hippie spawn! She's literally, my favorite human on the planet, and Brett is now is a full-grown Barbie doll. (Where did a feminist mother go soooo wrong?) At least I'm making a half-hearted attempt to smile here. And, I loved that gray tee-shirt until it shrunk so small, or I enlarged too big.

3.jpg

For those who think I'm a 300lb, militant, feminazi, here's a bad photo (2016) inside my "massive" studio. Nowadays, I can't see a thing without glasses, the curly hair is (always) unruly/annoying so its pulled back so I can forget I have any. Another weird trash top...just for painting. Velour, with sparkles! The uniform of all us man-haters.

So, yeah...hi.

You look like a serious folkie on the way to a protest rally, Olive.

After which you can go back to the dorm and put Dylan and Baez on the turntable.

In the studio (25 years old)

demo72.jpg

At rehearsal, probably the skinniest I ever was. That jacket hanging there I wore everywhere. That's just the lining The outside was suede and had sequence on it shaped like a guitar on the back.

stickskinny.jpg

Kindergaren

kindercarol.jpg

Couple years ago at someone's art show, mjp behind me. This is the same weight I am right now.

13680014_646547258832569_5257975997916741438_o.jpg

RIP: Buddy and Lula

buddylula.jpg

RIP Gemma.

84460965.jpg

Back