What the heck do you look like?

She is indeed, thank you.

Talented too... maybe I can twist her arm enough to allow me to post some of her work here (yeah, good luck with that). I'm not at all sure who the real artist in this house is.

JamesKissel_greyscale.jpg

During the lockdown and needing a haircut.

At the moment, I’m not at the “big” computer where all my horrible, disgusting pictures live. So I just quickly pulled this off FaceBook and can’t believe I’m posting it.
E12F9CE4-4AC1-42B5-83F5-8023ADFBB36C.jpeg

It was the 60s, and we were at a Rhode Island beach. My mother, who was taking the picture, scolded me for goofing around and so I “obediently” stood at stiff attention with my “serious” face on. I despised that bathing suit. The flowers were way too big and orange which was bad enough, but I really hated the ruffles. I’m not a ruffle girl. My little sister’s chubby thighs looks like a backwards butt! Haha! And my Dad seems to be standing on her head, and the horizon line is tilted as if we’re all going to slide off the earth. My mother always took the worst photos. And here, she obviously felt the need to identify “the dad person”...with ball point pen and an arrow to boot...just to make sure we all knew who he was. It’s both cringe-worthy and funny and sort of sums me up (and the fam) in one photographic nutshell.

It's so great to finally meet everyone. :)

I'll find some more recent shots of me. I'll be brave and keep getting closer to the truth. :ROFLMAO: 🤪 :cool:

OK...

Baby Me:

MeasUglyBaby.650.jpg

Me at 16 or 17:

David16.650.jpg

Me in New York... well, technically on the New Port pier in Jersey City where we would catch the PATH train into the WTC and Lower Manhattan:

001P--David in New Yorksm.JPG

Me again in New York:

DavidsPortraitbyFrank.small.JPG

My wife after we moved back to Cleveland:

March 07 047.jpg

My studio partner and I at a local dive around the corner from our studio:

BoysindaHoodsmall.er.jpg

Kids in my school all kept trying to steal this hoodie with which was covered in prints of $100 bills in metallic gold ink.

Last, this is a recent image of me in front of the computer screen... probably half-drunk. I often use this image on my school websites communicating with my kids. It's always to your benefit when students think you are crazier than they are. 😵

IMG_0348.JPG

You really haven't changed so terribly much Arty. :giggle:

You're very sweet. I'm a lot bigger right now, although I just lost those 15 pounds I told you about. I haven't lost any more since, but I'm working on it. It's because all the meds I take make it really difficult. Exercise is out of the question. I can't go over 1500 calories a day or I gain weight.

St. Luke, I'm sure you've been told you look a lot like Frazier? That's not a bad thing.

Alright. This is my favorite pic of me, from the late 90s. A primitive selfie, I just pointed our little 4MP Olympus at myself and this is what it did. Yeah yeah I know, everybody thinks I look like David Crosby. Well, I don't, and I never dated Judy Collins and never wrote a sappy lovesick song about her when she dumped me either.

beret2.JPG

During the lockdown and needing a haircut.

Oh... don't remind me. Before Ohio went on lockdown I was two weeks away from Spring Break and planned on getting a haircut then so it could start to grow back and not look so recently cut when I saw the kids again. My brother and I ended up giving each other a hair cut. We couldn't find the attachments for the electric razor to control the length of our hair... so we both went totally bald and ended up looking like skinheads for the next month. 🤪

St. Luke, I'm sure you've been told you look a lot like Frazier? That's not a bad thing.

More often than I care to count. My wife called me Frazier for quite some time. 🤪 She's laughing now.😝

I would have SOOOOO crushed on you back in those days, Chris. Insufferable or not. Tall, skinny, long hair...cutie!

Funny...I went to your website last week just to see if you were still alive. Haha.
So, whew.
And hi.

Back