What art supplies have you bought recently?

Triduana

Contributing Member
As per title ...

I thought it might be fun and interesting to see what we're all buying ourselves from the art department.

I just got this ceramic palette delivered today. The wells are small but I'll be using it for putting my watercolours in straight from the tube rather than for mixing.

20211201_202055.jpg

Anyone else want to share?

I've just bought more white charcoal pencils, Kneadable erasers and Canson's Pastel paper pads in assorted colours
for drawing AND a REALLY nice block of white alabaster for sculpting !:)
Cheers,
Patricia

About a month ago, I bought some more Neocolor II crayons in colors I didn't have yet, a second crayon sharpener after the first was disappointing, a Derwent Drawing pencil I didn't have yet, and a matte acrylic paint set. I always keep a cart with something in it at Dick Blick, because I usually realize I forgot to order something as soon as I place the order.

Next up: More Neocolor II crayons, a sumi brush set, a stencil brush set (for odorless mineral spirits and colored pencil blending), and a Holbein soft white colored pencil. That's what's in the cart right now; may add more.

Last month I treated myself to the Portraits set of Caran D'Ache Luminance pencils, (all new colours).

I haven't used them much yet as I'm focusing on water media at the moment, but I know I'll get the urge to do some coloured pencil work again some time soon.

About a month ago, I bought some more Neocolor II crayons in colors I didn't have yet, a second crayon sharpener after the first was disappointing, ....
For Neocolor II, I use normal pencil sharpeners which aren't sharp enough for pencils anymore. They work really nicely.

Last month I treated myself to the Portraits set of Caran D'Ache Luminance pencils, (all new colours).

I haven't used them much yet as I'm focusing on water media at the moment, but I know I'll get the urge to do some coloured pencil work again some time soon.
I'm jealous! Caran D'Ache pencils sound amazing. As for water media, I hope to get a set of Inktense by Derwent soon. If not for the holidays as a gift, then I'll splurge on them myself after. They seem really interesting and capable of fantastic effects.

I don't use coloured pencils very often but I think I prefer using them on black paper, I like the way it makes you think about light and shade in a different way.
I agree! I was actually pretty nervous when I first started using the black paper, because I thought it might be hard for me to wrap my head around. But I picked up on it pretty quickly. It's such a fun change when you get the hang of it.

I'm jealous! Caran D'Ache pencils sound amazing. As for water media, I hope to get a set of Inktense by Derwent soon. If not for the holidays as a gift, then I'll splurge on them myself after. They seem really interesting and capable of fantastic effects.
I'm a big fan of Inktense, they are very versatile.

Im always buying so i cant recognized what is recently. Im buying more than im work. Im addicted to hardware stores and all industrial stuff. moreover everytime im meating art store i enter like about its my food store.

Last Thursday I bought some floater frames for 16x20-inch canvases that have a 3/4-inch profile from Jerry's Artarama. From Blick, I bought a couple new angular/bright oil brushes (a rare buy for me), but I got some sizes I don't have. I also bought a new Ampersand gessoboard.

Then yesterday I bought three tubes of oil paint, two from Holbein (Yellow Gray and Foundation Umber) and one Gamblin (Titanium Buff).

I regularly buy supplies.

Im addicted to hardware stores and all industrial stuff.
Hardware stores are as dangerous as art stores. A couple of weeks ago I went into my local one just for some wood glue: I came with out with the glue, some bits of timber, a new bolt for the back gate and an angle grinder that was on offer. :LOL:

dip pens for line art and sketching
I adore using dip pens but I had to stop because I became too good at knocking the ink bottle over. I ruined a pair of jeans, got the floor and table more than once (luckily it wiped clean) and I had to re-paint part of my living room wall! Now I just don't trust myself.

Back