What are you working on?

Satsuma,
Acrylic on canvas
16x20
8B3BF6C1-3692-4849-BEB8-171A3F4FA053.jpeg

Done, 😊

This is a blind cross contour drawing where the eye doesn't know what the hand is doing. From a life class decades ago, originally pencil on 18x24 cartridge paper. Male model squatting on his legs. I've now inked it in and colored with pen and pencil. I think the background needs some kind of grounding, maybe a light wash, in a few places? Suggestions welcome.

1653594140288.jpeg

This is a blind cross contour drawing where the eye doesn't know what the hand is doing. From a life class decades ago, originally pencil on 18x24 cartridge paper. Male model squatting on his legs. I've now inked it in and colored with pen and pencil. I think the background needs some kind of grounding, maybe a light wash, in a few places? Suggestions welcome.

View attachment 22050
I used that very same subject a few years back. I love the idea of it. Good job, great composition. 😍

I've been inspired by the scratch art that I've seen here, so I took a piece of 5"x5" white Claybord and coated it with a water-soluble "Antique Wax" - dark brown in color - so as to create a good, high contrast surface for scratching. I saw an interesting video in which a talented young man used Ceracolors on masonite to make beautiful little art pieces using the method described above.

So, anyway, I have a small prepared scratchboard in want of a fitting subject. I'm having trouble thinking backward, and keep thinking about it in terms of linoleum block carving, which may not be helpful. So yeah, total inexperience, no ideas, a board, and a scratch blade. IOW, all dressed up with nowhere to go. Yet.

Back