What are you working on?

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I like how creative you got with that cardboard drizzle. Really cool! :)

I am having some fun with it. But like Kay said, it is really hard not to take some things personally. I'm really trying not to.

Two down for Ink Drawing Month. This is looking promising! I'm not doing the official Inktober prompts, I'm going to artprompts.org generating a bunch of them and picking faves.

I did my lollipop study yesterday (it was delicious). Was hoping to do some outside stuff today but wouldn't ya know it it's raining.

This set will be the Sweets Set and my first that I did today is a study of polo mints. Making sure everytime now to do a preliminary sketch with watercolor so I go into my work with more of a plan. There is a chocolate lolipop waiting in the kitchen for the next one, and the best part is when I've done the painting I will get to eat the chocolate. Now that's motivation
Yep, I love it when you can eat the models! I like the Bets Park set. Clever you.

So much for all my worries about the misprints in the open studios event catalogs. The oddest thing on earth happened yesterday--out of the blue. I got an email from a couple that were having lunch at a fancy restaurant nearby. They saw my listing in the catalog and went to my website on their phone. They inquired about a painting that is in the catalog (which I didn't have anymore), but I wrote them back right away and told them perhaps I could interest them in something else and gave them my phone number.

They called about a minute later and said they were outside in front of my house! I was like, Whaaa? Give me a minute. (I was in my pajamas!) I am still not set up--the event starts next week. They were a bit pushy, but they wound up to be very nice people. I let them in to look around and they bought one of my most expensive pieces. Lickety-split. It was surreal. And weird. And great. :)

So much for all my worries about the misprints in the open studios event catalogs...
Well that's a result! How fantastic! Well done you on the big sale :) :)

Got my third ink illustration done this morning so I'm 3 for 3 so far on Ink Drawing Month. In the process discovered that I'd been putting the nibs in the dip pens wrong (if you have to wonder how one puts a nib in a dip pen wrong... I'm special that way). I've had these things for years and never put them to much use. It may get easier now that I have a slightly better idea of what I'm doing.

Fantastic turn of events! So happy for you. Nothing like an easy sale to set a whole new tone.

Congrats. Yayyy!!!

Thank you for the congrats. I appreciate it. Still doesn't seem real. Can't wait to see your new illustration drizzle.

Here is the painting I sold:

Oil on canvas, 34 x 34 inches: Girl in a Boat:

girlinaboat72.jpg

34x34 inches... (mumbling... holds arms out in random directions... looks confused... creeps off to find tape measure...) WHOA that's big! Must have taken some time

I'm 4 for 4 on ink drawing month so far. Dip pen + diluted ink wash with brushes. They're tiny illustrations about 5 1/2 by 4in as I want them to fit in the little photo album thing I have. Bonus of doing tiny drawings is I can fit 2 on each sheet of bristol board paper. Thrifty!

Most of what I've done in traditional media lately has been representational/studies so it's a chance to cut loose with some imagination.

See, I don't think it's all that big. Isn't that funny? Although, I do prefer smaller stuff.

4 for 4 is good for the month. You definitely worked more days than I have this month! :LOL:

I rememberber this painting:)very cool and what a great result with your sale.
drizzlewither - very productive
I spent around 6 hours on an ink drawing yesterday, and was really happy to finish the piece

Completed a third sweets study today - a Snickers bar. Acrylic on cardboard scrap. I want to do one more then I can do the tie-with-twine hanging thing. Which means buying candy (it's research!!). I think something colorful would be nice to finish off my set... gummies or jellybeans or similar.

And still doing Inktober!

Being a cash-strapped artist I appreciate that you can put acrylic on literally anything! I steal cardboard out of the apartment bins like an inspired raccoon, paint on them tie them together with twine then hang them up as rustic dangly decoration things.
I love this, I like your style :D I'm a big fan of found materials and repurposing stuff in nonconforming ways (y)

Drizzleweather, wow, I love these works on cardboard and have done three already using gouache and acrylic. Too fun! If you have a chance look up artist Esther Loenhout on FB as she is a master of painting on cardboard.

Back