What are you working on?

For ME, the Snickers would not have made it as a model. The wrapper might have! Besides being well done and dimensional, it is well displayed.

In case I haven't mentioned it, the second weekend of my art event was pretty much a joke. I got a total of four people that came through on Saturday and two on Sunday. My first visitor on Saturday came because she got my email blast and she bought a little $25 print, which was sweet. I don't mind the missing sales really. It's just that it was so much work to do all this.

Another artist from the tours stopped in because he'd misread the catalog. He thought I was going to be here all three weeks. That was funny when he saw it was printed wrong, but he was glad he came, as was I. I really liked meeting him. He's a metal sculptor named Clark Hunter. He almost bought something for about $850, but passed, or said he'd think on it (mm-hmm). Then it got so windy I had to close my garage door at 3:20, but no one had come for three hours by then. Three games of crossword puzzled were completed by then. Better luck next week. I have four confirmations from people for next week, and all the advertising says I'm here, so maybe this last weekend will be my moment in the sun. We'll see.

That's unfortunate about the very quiet weekend, but at least you did make a sale! Good luck with the final one, let us know what happens! I'm getting emotionally invested in the outcome now :D

For me, a few things -

* firstly I did another acrylic painting on canvas (ooo so grown-up). That was on the to-do list for a long time. I'll post it in the acrylic forum later (assuming I still like it tomorrow and don't take one look before striking a match)
* Inktober continues of course. Today's was a bit meh, yesterday's went great. Wonder what tomorrow's will be like.
* thirdly I have DECLARED WAR on chickenscratch. I only ever sketch in pen, this was intended to make me more accurate/confident with my lines but I did some hand studies recently (biro) and found the result offensive. I am flailing and scrawling and scribbling and almost never draw a line all the way in one go correctly. I mean to make a concerted effort to improve this in my sketches because it's a BAD habit that is probably part of the reason why I have wibble troubles with my dip pen.

Arty, I'm sorry about that, putting together a show is time consuming and just plain work. Best wishes for the next one.

I've taken a detour, started on oil bar painting that I had planned to do in oil paint. I'd been thinking of using the bars for a while, then Triss posted hers, so it came to the front again. I don't know that I'll do much with them, the oil pastels, which I also have but never got into, may be easier to use and less messy, but I really prefer fluid mediums. I may get that oil bar piece finished today, there's not much more I want to do with it.

ntl, you can start in bar oils and then add some Liquin on a brush to make some of it fluid. I've done that before.

So far, this weekend has been crazy busy! (My open studio thing). I'm exhausted! Still have today as the last day. Trying to check into the forums this morning to get caught up before starting up again. I hope I can maybe sell a little more today. I met a lot of people yesterday though, so that was great. :) Much better than the last two weeks. That's for sure.

Trying to get back into drawing/ painting... Attempted to draw a criw from a photo reference and stared in amazement as my fingers seemed to have a very different picture in mind than my mind did 😅 I'm waaay out practice. Ended up crosshatching one of my multiple artempts to almost black. Crosshatching never fails to be calming.

Today I'm making two color charts for some Senneliers and Daler Rowneys I recently picked up cheap. I make them w either Pastel Ground or Colorfix as a ground. These are being made on foamcore for the light weight. Then I can hang them on the wall or keep them in a portfolio.

ntl, you can start in bar oils and then add some Liquin on a brush to make some of it fluid. I've done that before.
Thanks. I have a bar of the blender, but it goes fast. I have used walnut oil at times. I' thinking of posting a few of my few, done a few years ago. Haven't done it yet, still working on the new one.

I hope your sale was at least somewhat satisfactory despite the lack of advertising you had. Was thinking of you.

Hey Arty,been trying to keep up with the Garage Sale Saga and am very glad all your hard work paid off, at least somewhat, on the last weekend. I hope it was enough to say that 'all's well that ends well' Congratulations !

What's the latest painting or project you've been working on? Describe it or post a work in progress (if you feel like it). Would love to know! Perhaps this thread will keep us on our toes.
Brand new to all of this. Refreshing to find others who live art. I stay pretty isolated so I don't get much feedback. Self teaching can sometimes be a struggle. I tend to get stuck. Constructive criticism will be totally embraced.

Attachments

• IMG_20211025_013726.jpg
    IMG_20211025_013726.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 101
Brand new to all of this. Refreshing to find others who live art. I stay pretty isolated so I don't get much feedback. Self teaching can sometimes be a struggle. I tend to get stuck. Constructive criticism will be totally embraced.
A beautiful portrait ! Welcome.

Beautiful

Lovely portrait Kat! And welcome to the forum. :giggle:

Arty, glad your last week went better. ❤️ It is so much work to do a show and very depressing when you have to pack it all back up. :(

Back