What are you working on?

Thank you Iain and Wayne. It all helps. I just need constant reminding. Or maybe that's the end of it. I got it! I'm cured! Thank you! Ha. ♥️

Wayne, this last one I've been working on sort of goes with/matches all my desert paintings here.

Well, i am glad that is sorted. Now we can all go out to lunch and catch Covid. I hear that little place by the station serves up a tasty new variant. Yum.

Well, I've been working non-stop on one of the new abstracts and got stopped in my tracks because I could have sworn I had some cold wax medium, but I do not. :( I must have sold it in the giant cart of art supplies a couple years back to that art student (which I sold for Bit Coin mind you that's seven times in value now).

Anyway, the soonest I can get any is from Amazon--Dorlands--by the end of the day tomorrow. I was going to be using it on all the lemon yellow that's planned for this thing that's on the easel:

studioview7-8-21-3-72.jpg

It still needs that yellow, some black and a bit more red and it will be finished I think. It's on a raw linen (sealed) canvas.

It is great being able to see the scale, rather than having to imagine it by measurements.

I have been messing around digitally (those thumbs are going to go!) without much success. I'm going back to the directness and tactility of paper, if it will allow.

This is one of the failures, at least when it is full size. Funny though, I think.
20210709_101634.jpg

What's the latest painting or project you've been working on? Describe it or post a work in progress (if you feel like it). Would love to know! Perhaps this thread will keep us on our toes.
I'm in the hospital with nothing more than a pencil and a yellow marker, so I drew the attached. What do you think?
IMG_20210709_225305.jpg

"With nothing more." You have internet access, which is unfortunate, unfortunate as it can suck you of your inner resources...

Thank Iain. Yes, I should take more pictures like this where I back off the art from the easel.

Daru, I like this and think your mind is in the right place as you're healing. I just had oral surgery yesterday, so I am with you on the recovery front. Get well soon! ♥️

I've been doing a lot of renovations this Summer. My brother, who lives with us, had his bedroom in the basement (his choice... cooler in Summer and warmer in Winter). Unfortunately, the basement has developed a leak and my landlord doesn't want to put in the money to repair it. We were toying with the idea of moving but right now is not the market for buyers or tenants. We decided to convert the "library" into a bedroom/library (I always joked about living in a library) and my brother took our old (and rather small) bedroom. I moved a couple of book shelves. A large one filled with art books (and CDs) was moved into the studio:

9.jpg

I then painted the library a rose/peach color that has a nice warm feeling when the light comes filtered through the curtains. We downgraded from a King-sized bed to a Queen because the King is too big for this house... and we really don't need something that big. We picked up new comforters/sheets/pillow-cases that harmonized well with the color on the walls:

8.jpg

7.jpg

The next step was to clean up the studio after having completed the painting I'd been working on since last year.

Leonore-final.700.jpg

I had literally several hundred color pencils and pastels strewn about, a bunch of empty bottles of acrylic, and gold leaf scraps all over the room. Today, I finally had time to clean up the mess and organize the materials.

4.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

1.jpg

Now I need to clean up a space in the attic to store this and my other paintings so I have some wall space to begin new works. I picked up a bunch of pencils, pastels, and paper so that I can do a bunch of smaller drawings before starting on the next big project.

Wanderlost....
A book for kids, it is nearly complete. Here are some sample pages. The text will read
I like to wanderlost in my imagination ..in thought bubble
The second one reads
I imagine going to the moon in a hot air balloon. I meet a three eyed 6D8C97AC-3399-414E-BEFA-A0CC6A3A6BC0.jpegAA081FF6-EDCA-47FE-8E6B-2A578FD6A95E.jpegalien, then fly back home at noon.
Totally silly fun. Photographing the art and putting it together in Shutterfly.

Hey, this is wonderful PSA !

The fun really shows and the colors are lovely.

I hope the publisher has given you a huge advance, as it is sure to be a best seller.

Let us know where and when your book signing events will be taking place.
Please consider having one down here within my range.

Best of luck!

Lol!
I plan to have 4 copies printed. Dayton will get one of them, so if you ask, I bet he’ll let you read it with him. 🙂

Your space looks so neat and tidy SLG, like mine! ;) Your newest painting, as usual, is coming out stunning. ♥️

PSA: Your Wanderlost book looks fantastic! I love the concept as well.

I am still working away on my Artist's book, Outlander. It takes a long time just to problem solve putting the ideas into reality. As of yesterday, all of the materials have been ordered, which I can start sharing in the Book Arts forum. Many of the pages have not yet been designed yet of course, but all the paper types and page order is set now.

Back