What are you working on?

5AC65210-A848-4D87-8AC1-34B015546702.jpeg

Love your cards Ayin, and your patience is admirable. I doubt if I would have the patience to make enough by hand to even make a splash. :giggle: ❤️

Thanks Sno. I finally finished them. I did them a little at a time, when I was waiting for dinner to cook, etc. because they were set up in the dining room. They've been a welcome distraction lately. I'm not patient when it comes to a lot of things, but maybe I am when it comes to things like this.

I started another painting recently and have been working away on it. It's the one with all the electrical wires.

phonepoles172.jpg

Thanks folks! Yes John--no pressure--LOL! I am scared as I work my way across it's going to get ruined somehow. Ha.

Thanks Sno. I finally finished them. I did them a little at a time, when I was waiting for dinner to cook, etc. because they were set up in the dining room. They've been a welcome distraction lately. I'm not patient when it comes to a lot of things, but maybe I am when it comes to things like this.

I started another painting recently and have been working away on it. It's the one with all the electrical wires.

View attachment 9351
This looks great already methinks!

Still on it, but practically finished now. Just needs a bit more black. Here it is on my drawing table. All my other colors are put away:

wiresIP72.jpg

When I'm done with this one, I may work on something completely different at the easel. My therapist wants me to try something. Then I'll get back to another desert landscape in watercolor instead of oils, which is why the table is so cleaned off right now.

As ntl responded 😁 That is quality.

It is good to mix things up, I think.

You can do a 🌴, a 🌵, a 🎯 and a 🥊, but you can't use text format on this smarty pants phone.

Thank you both ntl and Iain!

Too long of a response:

Yes, I usually feel weird to mix things up, like guilt and shame! Ha ha ha. (Seriously!) But I am trying to accept that that's what I do, constantly.

I once had to do a panel lecture during one of my shows. I had a few different series in the show (was my biggest solo show ever). This highfaluting art historian guy was featured on the panel. He has a public radio show here every week. He kept saying he didn't believe me (in front of an audience, mind you) that I didn't work on all the different series at the same time. I didn't understand what was so odd about it, but I go from one piece to the next, each are pretty different but they all find up in one series or another in the end and eventually make some sense together. They just don't make any sense as I go along. I guess I'm ADHD? Not sure. I get a feeling of urgency to work on something new as I'm finishing up the last piece I'm on and it's usually a completely different genre.

Then, I feel like I lack this thing that artists are supposed to have: style consistency. I'm repeating myself because I've kvetched about this before. I'm very lucky that my LA gallery seems to like everything I do, but it takes forever for me to finish a whole body of paintings because I work in this way.

I need to let go of the feeling that I'm doing something "wrong" because there's nothing else I can do about it. I can not force myself to stay on one thing if I'm not feeling it. Maybe the I-don't-care attitude will come with a little more age. :LOL:

I like what Betrand Russell wrote on your last point. Being a born worrier, i have found it helpful.

Don't worry about your overdraft at 3am when the banks are closed.

It seems so simple.

Edit. I don't believe you lack style consistency anyway. For instance, how many times has sno, and others, responded to your work with the comment, "That's so Arty!"

Please excuse my measly reply...

Last edited:
It looks much more involved than some of your stuff I have seen online. Good art is mostly mindless so you can't control what isn't present at the time. 🍺😎 you are the only one you have to please.

Back