What are you working on?

started another oil painting the other day, so I'm working on that. Here's a bad picture of what's there so far.

newstart372.jpg

Thank you! It does? I look at Instagram too much and feel like the fact that I don't crank out the same exact painting every day, I'm never going to have a big-time contemporary art career. I guess as long as people can still tell my art is mine, that's all that counts. So thanks.

Thanks sno. I think it will be a few houses. Not quite a city. It's still an "abstract" type, not totally of course.

I haven't been working on anything since the portrait because I have a studio visit coming up, but I did make a new bulletin board. Not as good as some of my old ones. I couldn't find those materials, which I thought I kept when I moved, but I guess I didn't.
I haven't been working on anything since the portrait because I have a studio visit coming up, but I did make a new bulletin board. Not as good as some of my old ones. I couldn't find those materials, which I thought I kept when I moved, but I guess I didn't.

Here are the other ones:

View attachment 9011

View attachment 9012

Here's the new one:

View attachment 9013
Wow! It made my day to see that you have my “art” on your bulletin board. Thank you thank you .....😀

I like the markedly bold colours of the abstract married to the landscape. Striking work, Art! 😍

How do you feel, this being your first oil in a while?

I like this a lot Arty. As Iain says, it is some real and some abstract and I too, am loving the bold colors. ❤️ ❤️

Thanks Iain and Sno. This might be my second since I did redo the self-portrait one in last week or so. I don't know how I'm feeling about this one yet. It still needs something I think. I'll have to figure out what that is today.

Yes I realised I had erred afterwards. Actually, I wondered if i should ask the question while typing it. Anyhow, looking forward to the image of the finished work. And the next. 🙂

Thanks Iain. I'm still working on it. Slowly. I'm a bit down, so it all goes slow. Maybe I'll be done with it today. I've been working on other things too--upcycling my old business cards (which I've always loved) to reflect my new name (I'm changing my name, which some of you know). I could not find more cereal boxes to letterpress on (nor can I afford the letterpressing again), so I'm covering my old name with stickers and rubber stamping them instead.

cards2.jpg

That looks cool! A fresh start. A new beginning. And buisness cards with a handmade element to boot!

I am so glad you cannot see this place! It is enough to make one hyperventilate! That reminds me, maybe I should open a window...

Thanks Iain.

I finally finished this painting. I am posting it in, um...Contemporary/Abstract even though it's kind of landscapey.

I also got my little easel logo stamp for my cards, so I'm onto stamping now. All the stickers are stuck on and I'm almost half way finished stamping the little easel.

ayinescards.jpg

EDIT: I actually stuck the new painting in Landscapes, which is probably where it belongs.

Last edited:
I'm with joe! And the name suits much more.
Good thing you enjoy the repetition!

The only paid work I could do without falling apart, the wheels coming off and cutting slices into anything in their path, was what most would characterise as mindnumbingly repetitive. They may have your body, but the mind is allowed to wander free!

Last edited:
I totally agree. I like repetition a lot. I could have been a good factory worker...I kind of was in my early life and maybe that is why I am into it.

Thanks for the props on the name. It's going to take a long time to transition it, and of course to change it legally. My gallery was nice enough to change it on their website already. It still links to old shows with my old name, but at least I'm listed with the new name: artwork, CV, bio, etc.

I just posted this in 'Absract' but I will work on it, hoping to get some depth ....
i am a guitar player who paints, this is akin to a carpenter taking up metal work!

Back