What are you working on?

That appears to be one group we are still able to generalise about with relative impunity. 😁

Thank you for that very nice compliment Iain.

I too like the way your table lamp lit up your painting. It's a bit like those Tungsten lights. Do you know of which I mean? I've seen them used in addition with other lighting used when photographing art to get texture.

My sudden demise and an ink drawing. You did ask.
FRUITING Bodies.jpg

No. It is meant to be viewed upside down. It is advisable to wear pants while doing so.

IMG_20210524_131754_788.jpg

Thank you, sno 🙂

Reactions: ntl
That happens to me! every morning. Our first "ancestor' to stand on two legs should have been ostracized, not copied.
I'm inspired. It's changing my bad mood! :) Thanks!
If you ever feel like ranting...
I imagine Dr Dunkie might prescripe this little guy to help alleviate or elevate the mood. The Tarsier. Or maybe an Aye-aye.
eye-structure-tarsier-light-levels-animal.jpg

I haven't been working on anything since the portrait because I have a studio visit coming up, but I did make a new bulletin board. Not as good as some of my old ones. I couldn't find those materials, which I thought I kept when I moved, but I guess I didn't.

Here are the other ones:

hampdenbb.jpg

rsboard.jpg

Here's the new one:

jtboard.jpg

Looks good Arty and I see your little guy right in the middle. :giggle: I'm getting ready to start a portrait as a gift for a friend who lost his wife and is having a really rough time with it.

That must be very hard. He will probably be very sad and delighted at the same time with what you make him. ❤️

BTW, PSA made me the collage with the flowers at the bottom.

PSA's flowers look cool. I also like the colours of the painting to the left. Reminds me of Japanese indigo or ceramic blue. I see a Tarsier in a fez on your original bulletin board.

Good luck with the portrait, sno, not that you need it, but...

Iain, love that drawing. Arty, the bulletin boards are artworks.

Good seeing that you guys are still doing art. You all inspire me. Seems that when warm weather hits I get too busy with other things. Like my AC business. Duh what a surprise. A little hectic. I really need to just set up the easel somewhere and throw some paint down and chill for a bit. And stop working. Work is for young people. :)

Work, yuck!

I know, right? Worst thing about mine is that it occurs during the nice warm weather. I'm trying to cut back and get more selective about what I do. Being self employed means the decision is a gray area. Or is that grey area? I used to say that I would work as long as I could walk. That was stupid. I want to go hiking etc while I'm still walking. :)

Back