What are you working on?

BE11CA33-2236-4FE2-8819-6C24A04B2641.jpeg

When I can, I'm working on the "tree across the street". I've done several tiny drawings--what are those called?--thumbprints? of the house, going from the ground up, so I did learn what most of it looks like, but still wasn't getting what I wanted. Yesterday I started at the highest point and worked down, and got a lot closer. I even added the tree, which is now more in scale, but tiny! So when there's time, I'll do another, then maybe add color.

The sheep looks great Dave. And I loved the sketch too.

ntl, I call those preliminary drawings, or sketches. Thumbnails are good too. There's no official name I don't think. ;)

MAYBE I can do some painting tomorrow: Tuesday I had an appointment at 2:30. My daughter had a business call she had to take part in, so she drove us to near my appointment and parked in a place that had a nice area that I sketched, graphite on cheap paper. Then she drove me to the office in a few minutes rather than the 20 or so it would be from home. She thought that worked out well and suggested we do it again. So maybe I'll get some plein air in when it gets warm. :) I'll use that sketch for a w/c painting if there's time tomorrow.

That's no mean feat, ntl, sketching on the go. Started work on a drawing (after a week depressed), the same technique as Any Divergence, as I do not have any new ideas and and and this one will be larger (A2) and and and, like most of us, it looks better in real life than in a photo, be rest assured. Honest. It's beautiful. And you are too. ;) (Don't I make you sick? ha. Don't answer that).

20201121_142007.jpg

No, you don't make us sick (just a little nauseous :ROFLMAO:). This is going well but I prefer a little more color. Maybe when you show it again it will show up better. Keep going, and I'm sorry you've been depressed. I think the current conditions are getting to all of us.

Well, it makes me think of something they would sell at Sotheby for a million-squillion pounds! :D

Actually, it does look like a tyre, doesn't it? Deflate me... ha.

Iain. I'm sorry you were depressed. Are you feeling better now?
I like this piece. It reminds me of African art, and a little bit like bones. It's cool!

Yes, I am. Thanks. We have been riding the crest of a wave of late - been spoiled - It is inevitable we fall off occasionally, I guess. Hope you get resolution with your meds soon.

Still having intermittent internet here.

Last edited:
Well, it makes me think of something they would sell at Sotheby for a million-squillion pounds! :D

Actually, it does look like a tyre, doesn't it? Deflate me... ha.
Not to deflate🙂 the textures are viscous and what I wrote was an immediate reaction,
You're probably right about Sothebys, In which case make mine a large one😄

In that case, I would buy a round.

Note the "a" round. I am a multimillionaire...

Thats how millionaires keep their dosh - only ever buy one round and in the loo for the next shouts ha

While I'm feeling a bit better. (That medication has a week-long half-life and the doc took me off), I don't know what I'm working on now. Nothing! I'm back to feeling, well, uncertain. About everything. I hate admitting it. I feeling like I can't admit that, but it's the damn truth. So I'm going through an all new crisis for the moment, again. Too many ideas and not knowing which way to go.

Back