What are you working on?

laf, I hate when that happens. Sometimes looking at work on the screen gives a new perspective (for me anyway) and I can work on better changes.

I know, I've always found it a really useful tool, it gives a kind of distance to the painting. Thing with this one is I can't tell if its looking wishy washy cos I've used quieter colours or cos I've just not painted it well -hey ho back to the canvas - wish me well:)

I wish you the very best! I hope you get clarity on it and not confuse it with self-doubt. I'm sure it's better than you think! :)

What I'm working on..

This is the mess of an acrylic underpainting for an oil to be. The photo I'm working from is much darker, it's just after sunset and there is the moon and a planet above the tents with lit thin clouds. The tent tops have a cool shading and the light from the booths just streams out. The scene really grabbed me so I snapped a photo.

The problem is that it's the most complicated painting I've ever attempted, all kinds of lights and shading and details in the backround that I'm not sure how much to include, and I don't know how to paint people. Who knows what this will become. I'm just hoping it gets better from here on in. :) This is the painting that got me to thinking about Renoir's dance at le moulin de la galette, hoping to get some cues from it.

festivalstart.jpg

Thanks sno. I will. I would only mess it up if I went further. Each work is produced by a different self which dies after a time, but you know this 😉 Strangely, the self will last through a series and then die. That is probably where they get the suffering for your art baloney. We suffer for our artlessness. Now I should go and get a drink. I'm dying of thirst.

Iain, That is a pretty correct/interesting analysis of what goes on. And I really like this piece. :)

I was wondering what some of the components were when I saw the drawing but it is becoming clearer. :giggle:

I am really liking this one. The light blue, the yellow, the textured white on the van. And we all scream for ice cream. Actually, at first glance, I thought the figure holding the cones was a certain tree...probably sounds ridiculous to anyone acquainted with it. Now I'm doubting that is even ice cream....wtheck.😳

Back