What are you working on?

Lovely portrait Kat! And welcome to the forum. :giggle:

Arty, glad your last week went better. ❤️ It is so much work to do a show and very depressing when you have to pack it all back up. :(
Lovely portrait Kat! And welcome to the forum. :giggle:

Arty, glad your last week went better. ❤️ It is so much work to do a show and very depressing when you have to pack it all back up. :(
Thank you for the welcome and compliment. Please feel free anytime to point out problems you may see with my art.

Brand new to all of this. Refreshing to find others who live art. I stay pretty isolated so I don't get much feedback. Self teaching can sometimes be a struggle. I tend to get stuck. Constructive criticism will be totally embraced.

Hey! I'm in a pretty similar situation. Doing my best to go it alone. We are so much luckier now with the internet for self-teaching. I will very likely never get the chance to study in an atelier but now I can spy on the people who do and attempt my own versions of the studies and disciplines they're doing.

Your drawing is lovely, pencil I assume?

---

Artyczar - awesome news about the busy weekend! I bet you feel accomplished now

---

Ferlian - what is a criw??? is that a typo or Welsh?

---

I had a Thing to go to today which took up all my "useful time" (due to disability I only get a few hours a day where I can function fully) but I'd planned ahead for it and got most of today's Inktober (research + lineart) done at the weekend (that's not cheating right???) so all I needed to do this morning was put the washes on and finish up.

Put a few more small drawings in one of my study sketchbooks too.

I always feel like I'm Not Doing Enough Work(tm)...

Hey Arty,been trying to keep up with the Garage Sale Saga and am very glad all your hard work paid off, at least somewhat, on the last weekend. I hope it was enough to say that 'all's well that ends well' Congratulations !

Thank you Trier. Yes, it "paid off" in terms of sales and meeting people in the end. I wonder how many more great people and neighbors I could have met the other weekends, but I am glad it all happened. I don't know if I would do it again, but all's well that ends well--yes! :) Thank you for thinking of me. Now...back to the old grind. :ROFLMAO:

Brand new to all of this. Refreshing to find others who live art. I stay pretty isolated so I don't get much feedback. Self teaching can sometimes be a struggle. I tend to get stuck. Constructive criticism will be totally embraced.

Great drawing Kat and welcome! Is this Deborah Harry by chance? It looks like her. You no longer need to feel isolated here. You are among friends now. ♥️

Thanks sno! I am not looking forward to putting everything back together. I have to wrap what seems like a millions paintings. :(

Artyczar - awesome news about the busy weekend! I bet you feel accomplished now

I had a Thing to go to today which took up all my "useful time" (due to disability I only get a few hours a day where I can function fully) but I'd planned ahead for it and got most of today's Inktober (research + lineart) done at the weekend (that's not cheating right???) so all I needed to do this morning was put the washes on and finish up.

Put a few more small drawings in one of my study sketchbooks too.

I always feel like I'm Not Doing Enough Work(tm)...

Thank you driz. :)

I know that feeling of never doing enough and having a disability that only allows so much time a day to have the energy to do art. I often beat myself up about it. But I really shouldn't and neither should you! We need to be good to ourselves. ♥️

Zebras and more zebras. I did a zebra as part of a wildlife challenge and fell in love with it. Being one of my first watercolors I did not plan out the composition and he was too close to the edge of the painting. I am now working on two scenes with zebras and am mustering up the courage to get going. Sketching and masking fluid done - now to get on with it..... Wish me luck. :oops:

I started with pen, then started messing it up. Started using everything but the kitchen sink in a panic.

Attachments

• 20210404_103436.jpg
    20210404_103436.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 20210404_100611.jpg
    20210404_100611.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 72
I started with pen, then started messing it up. Started using everything but the kitchen sink in a panic.

Well it looks fantastic to me, really digging the combo of paint (?) with underlying textural line stuff

---

Had a rough time with my inktober today (was also VERY tired from not sleeping well). Misplaced my character composition wise in the pencil stage and had to erase him almost entirely sketched and redo from start. Perseverance paid off though. One more to add to the pile!

Today also I discovered the white gel pen is water soluble. Guess what, that means it can be moved around with water. Ohh that will change the game for the ink/wash stage. I am going to do nefarious things with this discovery.

Well it looks fantastic to me, really digging the combo of paint (?) with underlying textural line stuff

---

Had a rough time with my inktober today (was also VERY tired from not sleeping well). Misplaced my character composition wise in the pencil stage and had to erase him almost entirely sketched and redo from start. Perseverance paid off though. One more to add to the pile!

---

Today also I discovered the white gel pen is water soluble. Guess what, that means it can be moved around with water. Ohh that will change the game for the ink/wash stage. I am going to do nefarious things with this discovery.
I cant wait to see what you do with that.

I dont expect comments, maybe about areas I could improve on. But this has inspired me to dig thrould my old drawings that are just gathering dust and hang 'em on the wall, so to speak.

Wow! Great pieces Kat. Is this what you're working on right now?
I pulled it back out to see what I could do with it. But, you know, I have to come up with a strategy. Maybe use one reference and draw it multiple times to see if I get better. How can you tell if you use different models? One reference, different techniques, right?

Oh, I was only asking because of the theme of the thread asks "What are you working on?" so I thought this was something you were in progress with. If you are finished with it, then put a bow on it! ;)

I dont sell anything if I can help because I worry about plagiarism. I watched a movie with Kate Winslet and it took place in the 1840s. Lot of candlelight, all of that. I kept rewinding to find the right shot, took a picture of my tv screen. And I am not ashamed if I sometimes use a light grid especially if it an unfamiliar angle.

Attachments

• 20211011_142043.jpg
    20211011_142043.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 20211010_144705.jpg
    20211010_144705.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 20211010_144116~2.jpg
    20211010_144116~2.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 77
Back