What are you working on?

Dont feel sorry sno, it's not like I poured my heart and soul into these or anything. It's not like comparing my art to a commercial food stuff, to mass produced junk food, on the world wide web, could affect me in any way, make me sit in the dark and reflect on my approach, direction, impetus, my raison de etre. No. I¹m not that sensitive. I'll be fine.

Excuse me. I think I heard somebody at the door...

😭

I had the AstraZeneca shot yesterday, and produced this in the evening. I'm not implying anything. It is just facts. Nothing more.

20210325_033724.jpg

Yesterday AstraZeneca was 79% effective and today it is only 76% effective so this drawing may lose 3% of its glory by tomorrow. 😁

I am not sure it is even that effective today. The drawing, that is. As for the efficaciousness of the vaccine, like the drawing, it is better than nothing, although I am feeling kind of weak and the brain is a bit scrambled. What difference? It is not unpleasant. It is probably the "implant." If I hear Dennis Quaid inside my ear, I swear I will scream! Dennis! Bring him another bottle Dennis! Don't mind me.

This is a detail of what I am working on. The bronze represents a vase, which will hold daisy type flowers, backed by the red-and-dead "wallpaper." A still-life. I have been wanting to do one since seeing Lisa Sanditz's. This is about the gist of it. One thing. The title. Still Lives Matter. No?
Still Lives.jpg

You hate it. I love it - as it is -The skew-whiffness of it...is dreamlike magical. It reminds me, somewhat, of a watercolour by Klee, one of his semiabstract town paintings.

You sound like me Jocelyne. I have no motivation. I'm doing a drawing of Sam Elliot while I wait for a lady to get a commission to me to draw a beautiful young friend who committed suicide the other day. Makes 2 funerals I have attended online. It is depressing.

Iain, nice work.
Desforges, is wonderful, wonderful how the material seems to bend, maintaining particular solidity and then the white figure, makes me think of a crouching human figure or a rabbit figure.
who knows how this work will evolve, however, strikes me and I like it a lot, already now.

Snoball, I'm so sorry for your losses,
some time ago I learned about the funeral online in a TV series, social distancing.
but I had not really taken note of this, I had also forgotten because here in the case of Covid they do not have funerals, in other cases they have continued to do so, sometimes or always reducing participants.
it must have been a tough experience. your moods can be shared.
In any case, (this also applies to both) your art certainly always succeeds in a fantastic way, but I hope that both of you will soon have a different, more serene mood and, that you deserve it and what your works transmit. joy, beauty and motivation. things you deserve so much to hear.
Sam Elliot, :) he's a legend, I love him, big Lewbosky, one of my favorite series,' the ranch ', more

Back