What are you working on?

Great start Lyn, but yes, it needs something. Since I know nothing whatsoever about abstract, I don't know what. :giggle:

Hey Sno, you beat me to it🙂 just about to upload a close up of todays effort so far
IMG_20200624_152758_305.jpg

Interesting starts Arty, the back one caught my eye, must be the yellow🙂.and I'd love to see more of the one on the wall

I almost never used much Yellow in my pastel painting and I wondered about this for quite some time. I never even painted any of the girls in my paintings as blondes. My wife's a brunette... but she wondered about this. I told her that the yellow of blonde hair did not contrast with the gold leaf effectively. Ultimately, that's why I don't use much Yellow... the Gold is already a form of Yellow.

I almost never used much Yellow in my pastel painting and I wondered about this for quite some time. I never even painted any of the girls in my paintings as blondes. My wife's a brunette... but she wondered about this. I told her that the yellow of blonde hair did not contrast with the gold leaf effectively. Ultimately, that's why I don't use much Yellow... the Gold is already a form of Yellow.

I prefer brunettes too. But I've had crushes on blondes, so it depends. It always depends. I like gold over stark yellows, but I've used them. I like a lot of bright color. It's no mystery there.

I just realized that one of these two, whichever gets finished first, will be my 1,000th painting. I guess that will be something to celebrate, as weird as they are. I mean, they go with the rest of the weird! Ha ha ha. 🤪

WIP: Passing Thoughts, oil on linen, 24 x 18 inches. (999?)

horsewip272.jpg

WIP: Belly, oil on canvas, 20 x 16 inches. (1000?)

bellywip172.jpg

I like these Arty. Funny thought, when I saw your first post of those I had been reading Lyn's post and I thought she had posted those and I was about to say, "These remind me more of Arty's work." Then I realized it WAS Arty's work. :LOL: Change the name of Belly to Pregnant Pause. ;)

Thanks Sno. That's good that my work is recognizable. Not sure about that title though. ;) It insinuates too much story.

I finally got to work painting in the new studio. I must say, I really am not enjoying working on such a small scale... and sitting in the room next to one of the completed big paintings I realize that I actually could continue to work on that scale... although it would be challenging to work on the bottom 10" or so. Hmmm? :unsure: Right now I'm working on a figure on a 70 cm x 55 cm (approx. 28 x 21.5") surface. I'll try to take some photographs tomorrow as the work progresses... If I don't trash it and decide to work on the big size. 🤪

Glad you're getting back to work St. Luke. I hope you don't trash the smaller one you're working on, and hope to see it. Yes, it's hard to work on the lower 10 inches of a piece if it's tacked to the wall like that. That's why I need an easel. Unfortunately, I don't have a solution for that one. :( I guess, if it were me, I'd use the drafting table, let the top part of the paper fall off the top end of the table onto a card table and be careful not to tweak the paper, or something, then work on the bottom, if that makes sense.

Back