What are you working on?

STILL on the Weber. Making some progress, would have preferred more. Been working on mixing grayed greens. Using a naples yellow and Manganese blue, and haven't been able to get any green that I deem appropriate so will expand the colors...

Would you be able to post any images of your progress? Would love to see! :)

Annie, I will think about how to save that painting from further degradation. I think I'd probably use the same sealant I used on the panel, which is a universal sealer and it has a slight shine. If I put on enough of it, I could maybe sand the shine off, ever so slightly. Thanks for the tip. If I liked that painting enough, I'd address it--maybe later down the line if I see if it's actually degrading.

I really like your painting of George. My feedback is to leave it because I love the painting style of it. I like how the earth globe almost lights up. It's a really great painting. I love the background too and how the figure sits lower in the frame.

Bongo, I love your work, as always. I think the Nurse/Norse one is also my favorite too.

Really hard to scale down Stlukes, I've moved 5 or 6 times in the past few years and have gone from large to none to large to smaller and now to the corner of the sitting room, at least the light is good 🙂

IMG_1214a_800.jpg

In the Storm of Roses,
Acrylic on panel, 12"x36"

This was inspired by Ingebord Bachmann's poem, Im Gewitter der Rosen (In the Storm of Roses):

Wohin wir uns wenden im Gewitter der Rosen,
ist die Nacht von Dornen erhellt, und der Donner
des Laubs, das so leise war in den Büschen,
folgt uns jetzt auf dem Fuß.
====
(crude translation)

Wherever we turn in the storm of roses
the night is illuminated by thorns, and the thunder
of the leaves, once so quiet in the bushes,
now follows at our heels.

This painting got damaged last year, so I'm taking advantage of the opportunity to redo it.

I finally got an idea/theme I'm settled on, I got my references, I got the paper on the wall... and then today the temps shot into the 90s and have still not got a fan for the studio.🥵

I feel your pain, David. Anytime it gets over the high 70s here I spend most of the day just sitting in the shade drinking iced coffee...

I'm going to have to get used to it... and get a fan... because it's supposed to remain in the 90s all of the coming week.

Since we have been confined , I finished 2 pieces and working on a third. I have been painting rabbits for a couple of years, not exactly sure why rabbits!
First is Ataraxia and it is 5’x5’
Second is Jeff, 3’x3’
Last has no name yet, 4’x4’
They are mixed media: collage of paper, fabric , bits of recycled canvas and acrylic paint.
597F064E-5BD7-4105-AF40-6F9567C3AF83.jpeg
D77ABE87-2400-4380-9AA0-13B016696C49.jpeg
1841BED1-FC48-4814-BDD9-75B3F75C2F6D.jpeg

I like rabbits, these are wonderful, the most incredible I've ever seen. they are all 3 very beautiful works.
at a certain point I thought seeing one that was a Byzantine, historical work, created however in a fairer world, I think .. a sort of ideal world, a world therefore with only anthropomorphic animals, above all rabbits.
ok, the second part I wrote doesn't make sense, sorry.
however I confirm the thought that they are beautiful works.

Desforges, these are quite fascinating. That first one has so much in it that one could just sit and look at it and keep finding more to see.

Back