What are you working on?

I have done that a lot Iain, but haven't been able to do it in a while. You're right about it feeling liberating.

Wow, I have to catch up on this thread and all your works.🙂
I have been really ill for a while. Acute care twice in the last 2 weeks. Am I smiling? Why, yes I am. 😁Why?Because my friends, I managed to start and finish a painting. In the smallest of steps, in horrible shape, I bloody well DID IT. Am I proud of myself? YES! I got to tap into a wee piece of my old self instead of being just a very sickly housebound person! That was my greatest obstacle. Overcoming was a goal I focused on.
A friend unexpectedly lost his cat and is torn up over that. I thought I would surprise him with a wee painting. It made me feel good just thinking about it! And he cried seeing it....job done!
PS I had the worst reference photo! Acrylic. 5x8”

155542EA-4B1F-40CC-8D68-606D349DE33B.jpeg

Last edited:
Lovely puss. Well done for finishing🙂
I hope you 're feeling a lot better now, esp having tapped into your old self

I'm having a big fight with the current one. I had decided to use summer colours - which was fine when I started but then the weather changed to heavy grey chasing the summery colours away and cos I'd moved from a hot to a cold country last year summer colours are different here and fleeting🙂 and I haven't got a grip on the differences yet. So I'm going to sulk and try a couple of small paintings instead😀

Chasing wild sheep mainly, that time of the year. Just came in from shoeing the hind legs of one of the horses we use in the roundup.
A lot of musing about what I want to make, but tbh not very productive. Thinking about birds, nature, landscapes.
The watercolor loon in my avatar is one of my last sketches and that was a couple of weeks ago, should post it full size ( though the small format comfortably hides the flaws....:p)

Thanks very much guys.🙂
laf.art I have found myself in that predicament before. In the end you have to decide one temperature scheme and stick with it. I found the hardest part was my mind wanting to waffle and not stick with one temperature. I would find some paintings with the temperature/ look you are seeking and keep it by your painting. It helps.
E.J.H. I would love to get a good look at your loon! Pls post it.🙂

Thanks Paintboss. You are absolutely right about sticking to one temperature, when I look at it I can see too much faffing and changing. A timely reminder from you,so thanks once again🙂

Blimey Sno, never had you down as a masochist😀. Good luck I'm sure it'll be great fun
Oh wait, it gets even worse. Since the original photo is in black and white, she has decided she wants the painting in black and white. At least I won't have to match colors. And black and white are slow drying colors too. :cautious:

Thanks for the vote of confidence Ian. I don't have a lot of confidence in myself for this one.

Had not used oils in a long time.
I am playing with this trying to get in the groove. I hope that I can find the thread of it before it turns out like a pizza . The colours are taking me somewhere as if I were blindfolded.
5BCB3416-6BD4-4A54-9035-4641A4B01867.jpeg

Back