What are you working on?

I like the unpredictability. I don't like to think things through or plan, so it is convenient :) We are looking forward to seeing how it works out.

My painting sustained some injury, but no lasting damage. My brain pan on the other hand...

Arty, your painting really came to life for me in the studio pic, when one could judge its scale. I predict a monstrously fine addition to your oeuvre.

once you are through with the Mackay, which is photo #2,
I would like to see what happened to #1.
Oh, ok, then. sigh. Not that that much has changed...

By popular demand (Desforges)...no.1
IMG_2109.jpg

I did glue bits that were hanging off

Thanks Iain. It's coming along slowly, but I need some parts to dry before I drag my hand across it too. Still, that's never been an excuse in the past, so that's just an excuse. There are other parts of it I could work on if I wasn't so lazy. I do like to go slowly though. It really helps anxiety.

Yes, sometimes it is enough to have the work as a WIP. And to meditate on it. I wrote on the back of one of mine that I couldn't help looking at it as if I were receiving from it confirmation of my existence. Don't know if that makes sense to anyone. Maybe WIP should be WISP. The S standing for slow.

Yeah. I like when I finish, yet I don't want it to be "over." It's weird. I spend a lot of time looking at it and thinking about it when I'm on breaks from it, thinking about the next color I'm mixing for it. I get into the process too much I think. And I get what you're saying. For me, it has something to do with identity or something.

I really like this one Jocelyne. Are you going to keep this basic composition? It's really cool!
I never know what I am going to do. I don’t even want to know what the weather is going to be tomorrow. It makes me anxious as if nothing else is possible. Really anxious. I am a nut! 😜
Here is what has happened to the oil I have started with knife and brushes and a credit card. I have turned it around a few times too. A nut, seriously!
03612E79-8F20-4BDF-AD80-26B036813523.jpeg

I like that as it is. It has the potential to be your best work ever, the one where people's heads explode with a mere glance! :D Of course, by "nut" you mean completely sane. The mad are the ones who think they're not affected by life, thus they bulldoze everything and everyone.

Nice toes, by the way. ;)

Hey, You got a lot to smile about :)! You look great and I really love the new hairdo! The fringe and all! And who couldn't lose thirty pounds? Your last photo reminds me of the 80's. Now, hold on. What I mean is, who didn't have eyes glowering through a fringe that covered half their face? Thanks for sharing.
A radical change, I like it. I imagine it will take a few weeks to settle. Do you feel light headed now🙂

Still Working on this one. I probably will be for the rest of my life. Now I have to wait until I get more Cerulean blue shipped because I need it to mix for the very bottom. I'll be adding some very light yellow, green and blue into the "bricks" in the boat, a green triangle strip in the water (a mix of sap and olive green with yellow), and then I'll fix some of the black lines with mars black and raw umber. That's the plan, but I might make other changes along the way. I dunno.

boat4.jpg

I REALLY love it. More than anyone else here. I am the biggest lover of it. No one can surpass me!
Oro Rocco, teamed with Cadmium Rojo are standing still with Black In the first line of self défense, as Prussian Blue is planning a surprise attack with Titanium White the thief. Captain Ahab is watching from the drawbridge, a hell of a day! 😜🙀🤬

The toenails go well with it too.
I like it.
Don't be fooled. I have seen this before. The painting is a mere foil for the expertly painted nails. Why include such a distraction? Mark my words, before long the owner of those toes will be offering discount nail care to members. It's shilling shameless marketing, that's what it is.

Maybe there shouild be a dedicated forum for nail care. Just a thought.

Still Working on this one. I probably will be for the rest of my life.
That is funny. It is coming along. I love the multicoloured stripes and the underwater scene must have been fun, like investigating a place rarely seen. I am sure this is not news to anyone, but I have found it beneficial to walk away from something I am invested in to do something else. It can be liberating and just that freedom can create amazing results effortlessly, or that's how it appears.

Back