What are you working on?

I love the style of your work too. Always brings a smile to my face and makes me feel good inside. :)

Well, I am in a momentary pinch.

boat6.jpg

I decided I wanted to make it rain inside this top section of cerulean blue, and even probably lighten the shade a bit as well. In order to do this, I personally like to use white underpaint (which smells toxic as all hell!) and then put the color on top, then scratch through to the white to make the markings.

Well, I through the underpaint on, and now my studio stinks. It will stink pretty bad until I put the blue on top, and I don't have much time since the white is quick-drying and I laid it on thin.

boat7.jpg

However, now I'm beat. I drove out to Palm Springs this morning for an eye appointment and came back to do this. That's enough action for me for one day--been up since four.

I'm afraid by morning, it might be too dry to scratch through the way I'd like it to.

It will have this kind of effect if all goes well:

fbsample.jpg

This thing is taking forever, but I told you I was slow. I don't work on it everyday though.

Dave, you do have an eye for picking the right colours. And I like your handwriting style here. Don't take this wrong, but do you really look six months old? 😆

I like it with the white. The figure looks like they are in the glow of the heavens, or something, and I like the way it clashes with the similar light colour of the boat, but it is your painting 😆

Thanks. I already started the lighter blue covering though and I'm going to make it rain inside. That's the plan. :)

Finished...

I finally finished this thing. This shot is cropped because I don't have my tripod set up, so some of the edges are missing, as you can see. I can move on to something else now. Hopefully it won't take me as long, but it probably will.

Girl in a Boat, 2020. Oil on canvas, 36 x 36 inches.

boat8.jpg

boat8easel.jpg

boat8detail.jpg

boat8detail2.jpg

That's wonderful Arty. It will draw everyone who enters the room it hangs in. Will be interesting to see where you go next :)

To answer the title of the thread, in a roundabout way. I have been working on the kitchen table. I don't know how I managed to miss the "support" so patently, with such an elaborate scribble. I guess my drawing is less accurate than even I considered. Permanent marker on Pine. 36" x 50" 😄
20200929_005750.jpg

Found this unfinished work in A2 sketchpad. (Detail)

20200929_005714.jpg

Arty, I love it, with its crisp lines and utterly adorable whimsy! Excellent!
Yay! Iain, jelly beans, pandas and skulls in glorious repetition! :D

Thank you Iain and Bizzy. Iain, I LOVE this jellybean piece. I am obsessed.

I don't know where I'm going next. I have a couple drawings here, but they aren't like what I just finished, but I guess that doesn't matter. They are weird though. I feel a little under the weather though. The last two days working full time on that painting wore me out. This is why I don't do that kind of thing anymore.

Back