What are you working on?

Does anyone remember these from school by chance? They may have only been an American thing during a certain era, I don't know, but I'm also throwing these into those promo packages, flattened out, of course. They are paper fortune tellers. I'm half way finished.

View attachment 42342

View attachment 42343
No, a favourite with Aussie kids. My grandkids bring them out sometimes. Never heart of Cootie Catchers though.

A bit more planning and plac
I don't believe I thought ... this was a good idea. 3D. Not me? I'm up to Part 2, the construction stage one. Step 10 zillion and 1. Actually, I am enjoying it ... so many decisions, tests, regigs and more. This some of the cast trialling for a spot and just hanging around. For an exhibition piece: Film of My Life. It's x-ray film.View attachment 42245View attachment 42246View attachment 42247
ing.
Next stage readyish for sharing. Each item has 3 or 4, I know, layers. Top layer is x-ray film sitting on a transparent layer. Just a sample. Not great because of reflections. View attachment 42330View attachment 42331View attachment 42332View attachment 42333View attachment 42334
Next stage ... still planning, but getting closer. The plants are fern leaves I'm testing concoctions of paint to see if I can keep them flexible for "ever". Don't want dry effect, and don't want dried or fake. Looking to see how to hang the shapes
1000010032.jpg
1000010029.jpg
, what shape to use, and how invisible I want the string.

A bit more planning and plac
I don't believe I thought ... this was a good idea. 3D. Not me? I'm up to Part 2, the construction stage one. Step 10 zillion and 1. Actually, I am enjoying it ... so many decisions, tests, regigs and more. This some of the cast trialling for a spot and just hanging around. For an exhibition piece: Film of My Life. It's x-ray film.View attachment 42245View attachment 42246View attachment 42247
ing.
I have probably messed up my post. I'm using the x-ray film. It's part of the story for the pieces. As we say over here ... I have bucket loads of the stuff.
And ... I have used it on and off over the years just messing around with the light and the shapes. No idea where this idea came from, but I do remember making spirals with it a while back. Maybe there.

unnamed777.jpg

I'm finally moving into the end stages of this painting... although I've had enough experience to know better than to get too complacent. The final stages have more than once turned into a long drawn-out process for me. Even so... as time-intensive as drawing these flowers has been it is far more "enjoyable" than working on all the tessellations and gold leaf.

Excuse the crappy photo, by the way. When the painting is completed I'll get a photo that is far more squared up.

So many fantastic pieces here! Very impressed with you all. Looking forward to seeing everything in it’s finished form.🙂🙂🙂

So many fantastic pieces here! Very impressed with you all. Looking forward to seeing everything in it’s finished form.🙂🙂🙂

I know right?! They are setting a pretty high bar. I think I'll just crawl under it. :)

Very high bar you talented people!!! 😀😃😃
I have friends in low places John, so we can hang out under, but near the bar! We can stand and wave. I may make some scoring cards- “10”! 😉😋
IMG_6890.jpeg

I have everything ready to start stuffing the promo packages. I only need a few things that the gallery is paying for, like the custom bandaids and the postcards. The rest of it is all done--just needs to be put into the first-aid bags and boxed for shipping. Og, and I need the rest of the soup cans so I can re-label them all.

I wanted to show ya'll what this thing looks like in its entirety without the postcards:

3bag72.jpg

4openbag72.jpg

5soupinhand72.jpg

6bottlein72.jpg

8brochureshowing72.jpg

9everything72.jpg

Oh, and here's the design for the banaids:

dan-aid-72.jpg

Great idea. If that doesn't get folks curious..... If only to perhaps find out what's really in the soup can.

Great band aid design. Should be a thing on drug store shelves.

Back