What Are You Listening To?

Never really listened to his work before, but only takes a couple of plays to get into him.
Noel-Coward-in-New-York.jpg

I’ve been following Stella Cole on Instagram and YouTube for some time. She finally/recently came out with an LP/CD on Spotify. Again quite lovely music for a lazy Sunday:

IMG_2866.jpeg

IMG_2872.jpeg

Faure’s Requiem has long been one of my favorite choral works… and I’d be torn between the Faure and Mozart’s Requiem. Dutoit’s version has been my go-to recording for years. In fact… I think I first had this on a cassette tape. 😜

Under StLukes's wholesome influence, I am trying to expand my musical tastes, and thus I have been listening to whatever YouTube suggests:

I rather enjoyed both of the above, though didn't listen intently - I just used it as background music for drawing. Still, if it goes on like this I'll end up listening to Wagner too. I'll have to go see a doctor...

Brian, if it helps, Debussy was a great Wagner fan. For a time at least!

But quite sensibly, he soon realized Wagner was an impostor. He went on to conclude that there were only two truly great composers in history, namely Bach and Debussy. :D

Back