Weekly Art Event Nov. 26 - Dec. 3

View attachment 13950

This is what I've come up with so far, and I like the prompt so much I may do another! 🙂 this is digital, made with Krita. This took me about an hour, and a great deal of that was just trying to get the silhouette to look discernably human with passable hands. I hate hands, but at least they're easier to do in silhouette!
I like your pink scene and lady worshiping the sunshine, Jessie.

Just had another idea and will work on it later. Very strong winds here, all through the night.

“Shine On Harvest Moon”
FBDD6C59-66A5-4D6C-A251-7A299054DE53.jpeg

Kay, love your shiny truck. Happy Holidays!

Penny, love your Shine On, Shine On Harvest Moon. Very appropriate for the last days of Fall.

Jessie, that is so pretty! Soft, delicate and SHINY,!

Kay, that’s a lovely seasonal image!

For my fellow Brits …. the Red Alert down our coast led to lots of damage last night … a house along from me had the roof ripped off eek! Lots of roof tile damage around the village, and fences over … 55,000 homes without power in Northumberland…. now, winds abating (I’m glad to say!) but sleet, snow, hail instead! Never had a red alert before and I hope that’s a one and only event in my life!

Jessie, that is so pretty! Soft, delicate and SHINY,!

Kay, that’s a lovely seasonal image!

For my fellow Brits …. the Red Alert down our coast led to lots of damage last night … a house along from me had the roof ripped off eek! Lots of roof tile damage around the village, and fences over … 55,000 homes without power in Northumberland…. now, winds abating (I’m glad to say!) but sleet, snow, hail instead! Never had a red alert before and I hope that’s a one and only event in my life!
So sorry to hear about the damage from the Red Alert. If you are out of power, I hope you get it back soon. Hopefully, you didn't have any serious damage. Bad storms like that are so scary.

Glad to hear the wind died down. That should help prevent additional property damage but sleet, snow and hail don't sound much better!

Stay safe.

Anne

Thanks, Maureen. I am sorry to hear you had such awful weather. Thank goodness your house didn’t lose its roof. We had gale force winds through the night and into today. There were fence panels down along the road but I just had bins and barrels, garden chairs, etc., to collect after they were blown about the garden. I hope you stay undamaged.

Penny, sorry to hear you had a rough night too. Glad it was just some furniture and light items that were blown around.

Stay safe.

Thanks, Anne. I’ve just struggled out with Indy for his evening walk. I’m really pleased to be back in home. I had a fall last week and really upset my back and it’s difficult enogh to walk without the wind. I’m living on Ibuprophen for the pain!

Thanks Anne, for your concern …. for me, just a missing and broken ridge tile and a trellis panel down in the garden … pots and chairs, of course, even though I’d moved them to ‘safety’!
Penny, glad property is ok but really sympathise about the back, makes walking very painful but, a walking stick helps! I know!!!
Hope Kay M is ok … west of Scotland escaped the brunt of the storm I think.
Hope to be able to settle to some drawing tomorrow.😛🤞

Thanks Maureen. We got off quite lightly. The wind was vicious last night but it didn't seem to last long. I saw a couple of damaged fences and fallen branches today when I was out but nothing worse. Sounds as though you and Penny saw a lot more of the storm than us! Glad you are both ok.

Penny - Beautiful drawing for "Shine"!
Sorry you had such a rough night there in the UK, but glad you are ok now! Oh I see you arent ok now, youve had a fall! Hope your back recovers soon. Look after yourself Penny!
Thanks, Viv. 😎

Thanks Anne, for your concern …. for me, just a missing and broken ridge tile and a trellis panel down in the garden … pots and chairs, of course, even though I’d moved them to ‘safety’!
Penny, glad property is ok but really sympathise about the back, makes walking very painful but, a walking stick helps! I know!!!
Hope Kay M is ok … west of Scotland escaped the brunt of the storm I think.
Hope to be able to settle to some drawing tomorrow.😛🤞
Thanks, Maureen. I use a walking stick and a walker for longer distances. Just got a second-hand mobility scooter for shopping.

Thanks Maureen. We got off quite lightly. The wind was vicious last night but it didn't seem to last long. I saw a couple of damaged fences and fallen branches today when I was out but nothing worse. Sounds as though you and Penny saw a lot more of the storm than us! Glad you are both ok.
Thanks, Kay. It’s unusual for us to have worse weather than Scotland!

Thanks, Kay. It’s unusual for us to have worse weather than Scotland!
Penny and Maureen -your weather sounds awful! im glad you are both ok without too much storm damage!! Penny, the Mobility Scooter is a good idea for you. Will Indy trot along nicely beside it?

Back