Weekly Art Event Nov. 26 - Dec. 3

ams

Welcome to the Weekly Art Event!

The prompt for this week is: 'SHINE"

Create a new work of art that is inspired by this week's prompt. Let your imagination soar. Turn on your creative juices.

All media and styles are welcome (drawing, painting, digital, photography, sculpture, multi-media, representational, abstract, etc.). It can be something done quickly, a finished work of art or anything in between. It can be created from your imagination, from life or a photo reference. If you use a photo reference, please make sure it has no applicable copyright restrictions.

Post your finished (or unfinished) art in this thread. Post any time during the week. You have all week but if you're a little late, just post when you are finished.

Tell us a little about the work if you so desire. For example, you could include the medium you used, where you got your inspiration or how long it took. When you post, it's always nice to "like" or comment on posts made earlier in the thread by other artists. We all like acknowledgement of our work!

Let the prompt spark your creativity. The most important thing is to have fun.

Welcome to the Weekly Art Event!

The prompt for this week is: 'SHINE"

Create a new work of art that is inspired by this week's prompt. Let your imagination soar. Turn on your creative juices.

All media and styles are welcome (drawing, painting, digital, photography, sculpture, multi-media, representational, abstract, etc.). It can be something done quickly, a finished work of art or anything in between. It can be created from your imagination, from life or a photo reference. If you use a photo reference, please make sure it has no applicable copyright restrictions.

Post your finished (or unfinished) art in this thread. Post any time during the week. You have all week but if you're a little late, just post when you are finished.

Tell us a little about the work if you so desire. For example, you could include the medium you used, where you got your inspiration or how long it took. When you post, it's always nice to "like" or comment on posts made earlier in the thread by other artists. We all like acknowledgement of our work!

Let the prompt spark your creativity. The most important thing is to have fun.
omg so sorry Anne ... i forgot all about this! we'll go with your prompt. *** feels shame!

No problem Mike. We'll catch you another week. When I am hosting something, I schedule an automatic email to myself as a reminder so I don't forget.

Here’s a typical British Bank Holiday scene! Pen and coloured pencils.

C5091F07-FC52-4305-AAB7-4C5AB304634F.jpeg

Last edited:
Haha Penny, love this! …. and just to go with the severe winds here, we now have snow! Eek!

Mike … shiny and red …. or not …. we still luvs ya!😀😂
Thanks, Maureen. Oh no, not snow! Poor you. We are due strong winds but they’ve not come yet. It’s the town’s Christmas Lights switch on and lantern parade tomorrow and I think some of the parade has been cancelled because of the bad weather warnings! Hope the snow misses us.

Thanks for the prompt Anne. I have my idea, I'll save it for Sunday.

Penny - you're quick off the mark! Very good - it gave me a chuckle.

Well the snow has missed us so far! We have blustery wind at the moment but the horizontal rain has stopped. We've had to rescue a couple of bins out of the road this evening!

Thanks for the prompt Anne. I have my idea, I'll save it for Sunday.

Penny - you're quick off the mark! Very good - it gave me a chuckle.

Well the snow has missed us so far! We have blustery wind at the moment but the horizontal rain has stopped. We've had to rescue a couple of bins out of the road this evening!
Thanks, Kay. I’m pleased you managed to rescue your runaway bins. The strong winds have still not reached us (10.47 pm). They will probably build up in the night.

Penny, delightful. At first, I was wondering how it fit in with shine, then I read the caption. Great!

It's been cold and windy here too. No snow yet but they said we might get some flurries overnight. Ugh.

Jessie, beautiful. I love the feeling I get just looking at this. I'm glad the prompt inspired you.

Penny, delightful. At first, I was wondering how it fit in with shine, then I read the caption. Great!

It's been cold and windy here too. No snow yet but they said we might get some flurries overnight. Ugh.

Jessie, beautiful. I love the feeling I get just looking at this. I'm glad the prompt inspired you.
Thank you, Anne.

Back