WEEKLY ART EVENT, January 21-28

Hi Penny, "Indy" - that's a cool name! This is Korwin - a shepherd mix rescue dog. We lost him last October to bone cancer. I still miss him but we had 12 good years together.

Hello. Ah! I’m sorry to hear Korwin is no longer with you. Indy is around 10 years old, he is a rescue from Romania so I’m not sure of his exact age.

Sue - Such a sweet little kitten! Lovely painting!
OleKobe - It is so hard when you lose a beloved dog. I'm so sorry. I dont know if its my computer or not, but I cant see your picture of Korwin?

Lovely Sue. What an adorable kitten and a cute game he played. Pets leave us with such wonderful memories.

Thanks for participating and for your comments.

OleKobe, sorry you lost your dog. When we lost ours, I was surprised at how much I missed him.

Anne

I decided to see if I could find a reference for a Golden Retriever which was the breed of dog we had many years ago. It was pre-digital cameras so I don't have any good photos of him but I found one on Pexels by Maree Zimny that looked just like him.

Ink and water-soluble graphite in Stillman & Birn Alpha sketchbook, about 5"x7".

20220124Sk6 Golden (Maree Zimny, Pexels).png

Anne - yes thats definitely a Golden Retriever and a beautful one too.Lovely portrait of him!
Many years ago we had Labradors and bred a litter from our lovely bitch, "Tammy". 7 lovely roly, poly Labrador puppies. It was a learning experience having a litter of 7 exciteable, lovable Labrador puppies! We sold 6 of them and kept one male and he became my close companion, for many years. Rusty was my dog completely. After him and I got thrown out of Dog Training Club, when he was 2 years old, he began to settle down and him and I had many wonderful years together! He develped cancer at 11 years of age. Gone too soon, but you never forget do you. You never forget those wonderful years and the love those special dogs gave you.

Here's my PanPastel painting of my dog Pippa. She is now 6 and a half years old. She is a Jack Russel/Fox Terrier and has the body of a JK and the long legs of a Fox Terrier - long legs which cover the ground extremely quickly! Shes only tiny but packs a lot of energy into that little body!
PanPastel on Pastelmat paper

Attachments

• 20220125_155209.jpg
    20220125_155209.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 135
Vivien, what a lovely story. I had to laugh at you being "thrown out" of your dog training group. Some dogs just have a mind of their own!

Your portrait of Pippa is very nice. I can see the love you have for each other in the eyes.

Thanks for participating.

I decided to see if I could find a reference for a Golden Retriever which was the breed of dog we had many years ago. It was pre-digital cameras so I don't have any good photos of him but I found one on Pexels by Maree Zimny that looked just like him.

Ink and water-soluble graphite in Stillman & Birn Alpha sketchbook, about 5"x7".

View attachment 17946
A lovely portrait, Anne.

Reactions: ams
Here's my PanPastel painting of my dog Pippa. She is now 6 and a half years old. She is a Jack Russel/Fox Terrier and has the body of a JK and the long legs of a Fox Terrier - long legs which cover the ground extremely quickly! Shes only tiny but packs a lot of energy into that little body!
A lovely expressive portrait of Pippa, Viv. I love her gaze. Indy didn’t used to but now spends time looking at me like that. Sweetie always looked at me in that way.

Lovely prompt to get to see everyone's pets.

Schuee - Beautiful drawing of Indy - love the feel of companionship - and fun choice with the Commodore for something different!

ams - Excellent work getting the shading of the fur, and love the wistful eyes in your first piece. The Golden Retriever has a charming face, and you've caught the expression really well.

Sue - Glad you joined in here - gorgeous sketch of you cat! Love the moment you've caught, and your use of the graphite and charcoal is beautiful.

Vivien - Wonderful painting of Pippa, and the pan pastel strokes for the fur are perfect!

Reactions: ams
Wonderful portrait of Pippa, Vivien. The eyes are very sweet and gentle looking.

Thank you all for the kind words on Korwin. Here's an old painting of him being an "attention hound." Before his butt got too big, he liked to hop up in a chair at the kitchen table (probably expecting steak dinner). Acrylics on 16x20 canvas.
100_8024.JPG

OleKobe - That's a wonderful painting of Korwin - so much character! Love your use of acrylics, too, lots of great texture work there.

For anyone who knows my dogs from the Scavenger Hunts, this is the lesser-sketched Dog2. Acrylics & oil pastel (over a wonky sketch with Posca pens), A2.

dog2cs.jpg

OleKobe - That's a wonderful painting of Korwin - so much character! Love your use of acrylics, too, lots of great texture work there.

For anyone who knows my dogs from the Scavenger Hunts, this is the lesser-sketched Dog2. Acrylics & oil pastel (over a wonky sketch with Posca pens), A2.

View attachment 18056
Excellent, Triss. I love the painting, it has a lot of character.

OleKobe - Beautiful painting of your dog! It is good to have an artwork of them when they are no longer with us.

Triss - Yes I remember your dogs from the Scavenger Hunts, and this is a beautiful finished painting! I love your use of strokes in acrylic, gives your painting lots of movement and character.

Thank you everyone for your positive comments on my panpastel painting of Pippa!

OleKobe, lovely painting of Korwin. It looks like he was quite comfortable there.

Triss, what a nice painting of Dog2. Love your loose, sketchy style here. Nice sparkle in the eyes too.

Back