WEEKLY ART EVENT Feb 18-25

Penny - Good choice for Shadow! Id forgotten all about him.

Ricky - Interesting Digi! Well done.

Anne - Ive suddenly thought of a choice for shadow, now just need to get the time to paint it.

Thanks, Viv. I wonder what you’ve thought of! Looking forward to seeing it.

Thanks, Viv. I wonder what you’ve thought of! Looking forward to seeing it.
I'm looking forward to seeing it too.

I think I know what I'm going to do as well. I had a few ideas; it's just deciding which one to use.

I got mine finished.

This is a metal interlocking puzzle that we have. I thought the shadow made was interesting.

Ink and water-soluble graphite in a Stillman & Birn Alpha sketchbook. The drawing is about 4"x6"

20220220Sk6 Twisted Puzzle (SH13#5).png

Nice one, Anne! You're right, that is an interesting shadow. Good use of water-soluble graphite, too.

Heres mine. This is painted from my photo of the mountains surrounding Arrowtown in the Winter. (We are in Autumn now in NZ) Arrowtown Mountains in the snow always have spectacular shadows.
20220222_094743.jpg

Beautiful Vivian. That must be breathtaking in real life. What lovely shadows.

Thanks for participating this week.

Anne - Thank you! Arrowtown is breathtaking in all Seasons - the bright green growth of Spring, The luxorious greens of Summer, and the magnificent yellows, red and golds of Autumn, then the spectacular blue/lavender shadows of Winter. This is the view from my kitchen windows of our holiday cottage - I never tire of it. Arrowtown is one of the most beautiful places in NZ. Situated near Queenstown for those members who have visited New Zealand.

Reactions: ams
What a lovely view, Viv. You’ve made a beautiful rendering of it.

I’m reading a Ngaio Marsh mystery set in a thermal spa called Wai-Ata-Tapu. In the story the great grandfather of one of the Maori signed the Treaty of Waitanga. What a coincidence, following our other mention of the Treaty! If you hadn’t mentioned it, I wouldn’t have know what the Treaty was. 😎

Penny - Ah, the contraversial "Treaty of Waitangi" which signed over New Zealand to the Britain! Even all these years later, there are still many protests against it! Especially on "Waitangi Day"!

I've decided to try this sunrise from outback in South Australia. I have done an OP version, might try acrylic this time.

Attachments

• FF1D7CCA-F251-42CF-912B-935516419DE7.JPG
    FF1D7CCA-F251-42CF-912B-935516419DE7.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 124
Penny - Ah, the contraversial "Treaty of Waitangi" which signed over New Zealand to the Britain! Even all these years later, there are still many protests against it! Especially on "Waitangi Day"!
Yes, Viv. Some people have long memories!

Back