WEEKLY ART EVENT Feb 18-25

ams

Hello and Welcome to the Weekly Art Event!

The prompt for this week is: Shadow

If you would like to be inspired by a group of reference images, click on the link: Tutorial: How to Find Copyright-Free Reference Images

Create some art that is inspired by this week's prompt. Let your imagination soar. Turn on your creative juices.

All media and styles are welcome (drawing, painting, digital, photography, sculpture, multi-media, representational, abstract, etc.). It can be something done quickly, a finished work of art or anything in between. It can be created from your imagination, from life or a photo reference. If you use a photo reference, please make sure it has no applicable copyright restrictions.

Post your finished (or unfinished) art in this thread. Post any time during the week. The event runs from Friday to Friday. If you're a little late, just post when you are finished.

Tell us a little about the work if you so desire. For example, you could include the medium you used, where you got your inspiration or how long it took. When you post, it's always nice to "like" or comment on posts made earlier in the thread by other artists. We all like acknowledgement of our work!

Let the prompt spark your creativity. The most important thing is to have fun.

If you would like to provide a weekly prompt, sign up here.

THE. SHADOW

FF3E68D4-F3B3-4038-9413-080C2E147661.jpeg

Penny, perfect! I had totally forgotten about this character. Well done.

Thank you, Anne. It was fin to draw with a pen and then add watercolour.

Sorry about the typing error in the above post. I meant to sat it was fun to draw.😁

Love the colours, very niceView attachment 19091
I did a painting in I art and then digitally altered it in i colorama , this is my shadows, I couldn’t find my thread other than tagged onto yours to post it .
That’s all right, Rick. excellent deep shadows. It’s like lights seen from a vehicle on a dark night.

Managed to delete off of yours and posted in right place I hope.
I'm not seeing the image. Can you post it again?

Use the little picture image next to the little chain when you reply to the thread at the bottom of the screen where it says "Write your reply..."

Hi Ricky.

I found your post. You had created a new thread instead of posting a reply to this one. I have copied your post into this thread so everyone will be able to see it.

Very nice example of light and shadow. Thanks for participating.

Anne

-----------------------------------
Ricky's post...

0648B689-EBE6-4118-B725-855B9A8E0DDD.jpeg
I painted this in i Artbook and digitally pulled it around a little in i colorama .

Hi Ricky.

I found your post. You had created a new thread instead of posting a reply to this one. I have copied your post into this thread so everyone will be able to see it.

Very nice example of light and shadow. Thanks for participating.

Anne

-----------------------------------
Ricky's post...

0648B689-EBE6-4118-B725-855B9A8E0DDD.jpeg
I painted this in i Artbook and digitally pulled it around a little in i colorama .
Thanks for doing that Anne

Reactions: ams
Thanks for this week's challenge, ams!

Schuee - Wonderful work! Love the strong linework, and beautiful texture effects in the colours.

Ricky - Beautiful colours and marks, very creative, and a great fit for this week's theme.

Thank you very much, triss. I am very pleased you like my Shadow. 😎

(Ricky - Frederica - is my sister. She’s just taken up digital art using iArtbook on her iPad.)

Thanks for this week's challenge, ams!

Schuee - Wonderful work! Love the strong linework, and beautiful texture effects in the colours.

Ricky - Beautiful colours and marks, very creative, and a great fit for this week's theme.
Thank you Triss I’m getting use to using my i pencil now and navigating the i Artbook app.

Back