WEEKLY ART EVENT Feb 11- Feb 18

Bagpipes, pipe organ, stove pipe, chimney pipe, smokestack, pipe wrench, pipeline, faucet.
Thanks for the suggestions, Anne!
I tried earlier in the thread to pun my way into suggesting bongs and hookahs if those resonated with anyone.😁

Last edited:
JennieJo - Great abstract! I like it very much!

Penny - Great idea with the "Pipeline", well done!

Love that faucet, Viv! What an interesting look throughout the painting - soft and very distinct at once.

The stacked pipes are great, JennieJo! Thanks for sharing your process!

Penny, very clever pipeline. You succeeded in doing something different!

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Penny - I'm home was only in Arrowtown last weekend for Waitangi Day.
Ok, Viv. I read up about the Treaty day. I hadn’t heard of it before. I think I will read about the history of New Zealand as I know woefully little about the country.

Industrial pipes at a deactivated iron mine, Lyon Mountain, NY. My photo, Canon PowerShot A630 digital.

1644722146731.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok, Viv. I read up about the Treaty day. I hadn’t heard of it before. I think I will read about the history of New Zealand as I know woefully little about the country.
Penny - New Zealand's history is fascinating. The Waitangi Treaty is still controversal all these centuries later - it is still being challenged by many New Zealanders. The Flagpole at Waitangi is still being chopped down every so often, after Hone Hiki chopped it down in protest 100 years ago!.

ZenDruid - The pipes look wonderfully strange in that landscape - great shot! Love how the aged industry plays with/against the landscape colours.

Town chimneys (with thanks to ams!). Quick acrylic & oil pastel sketch, A2.

pipe.jpg

Penny - New Zealand's history is fascinating. The Waitangi Treaty is still controversal all these centuries later - it is still being challenged by many New Zealanders. The Flagpole at Waitangi is still being chopped down every so often, after Hone Hiki chopped it down in protest 100 years ago!.
Thank, Viv. I found an excellent site and read about Nz’s history and culture. Very interesting. You cetainly find vandals all over the world - the Flagpole is part of your history, whatever people might think of that!

Reactions: ams
ZenDruid - The pipes look wonderfully strange in that landscape - great shot! Love how the aged industry plays with/against the landscape colours.

Town chimneys (with thanks to ams!). Quick acrylic & oil pastel sketch, A2.

View attachment 18876
I love your painting, triss. The deep reds and blues. The smoke and clouds are excellent mark-making.

Back