Weekly Art Event: December 17 - 24

Me too! I was beginning to feel like I lived on another planet. :ROFLMAO:
😆. What instruments do you play? I learned piano as an adult but didn’t get far past grade 4, and I play the recorder. Would have loved to have learned to play guitar.

I'm a drummer, but also play guitar (not super great, but I can write songs on the guitar). Piano is hard! I've written a few simple songs on the piano, but it wasn't easy. I can't "play" the piano. I was a pro drummer for almost 20 years.

I play piano and guitar and have written songs. Sadly when I went to college my lovely mother sold my electric guitar and gave away the antique piano. Oh well...
Here is mine, a 4.5x3.5 alcohol inks on watercolor paper, a pulled print that features a nice abstract composition I can't get otherwise.
crop abstract floral study AIs.jpg

I call it a floral dream.

I play piano and guitar and have written songs. Sadly when I went to college my lovely mother sold my electric guitar and gave away the antique piano. Oh well...
Here is mine, a 4.5x3.5 alcohol inks on watercolor paper, a pulled print that features a nice abstract composition I can't get otherwise.View attachment 15397
Love your floral dream, Kay.

The same thing happened to me when I wanted to learn piano as a child. I came home from school to find my parents had got rid of the piano and I couldn’t afford one, or lessons, until in my 40’s! I was very disappointed that they didn’t care about my musical interest. I also wanted to play violin at school but they couldn’t afford the cost - lessons weren’t free in those days. Great that you have written songs!

Kay, this is a beautiful print, which looks a lot like your Brusho watercolors. It's very catching.

I feel for you about your parents getting rid of the guitar and piano. That's sad. Did you know about it? My father sold my car when I left for Europe when I was 20 or so. I wound up extending my stay there and landed in Florida afterwards, but I had counted on having a car when I got back to LA. It was a 1965 Rambler American, and he thought it was "junk." He sold it for $500 and I grieved for months afterwards. It was such a huge shock.

I have a question about the work we make for these events. They should be new/fresh works, right? Not something we already have, correct? I won't be able to work on mine until later today (unlikely) or Tuesday. I won't be around tomorrow. But I have a couple of ideas, I think.

Kay, you have captured the feeling of a dream. Very nice.

I have a question about the work we make for these events. They should be new/fresh works, right? Not something we already have, correct? I won't be able to work on mine until later today (unlikely) or Tuesday. I won't be around tomorrow. But I have a couple of ideas, I think.

You're right Ayin, it should be new work. The idea is to encourage the creation of new art. Work on yours when you are able and post when it is done. It should be low stress and fun. I look forward to seeing it.

Here is mine, a 4.5x3.5 alcohol inks on watercolor paper, a pulled print that features a nice abstract composition I can't get otherwise.View attachment 15397
Kay, I like your abstract! Sorry your mother sold your guitar and piano - that must have been very distressing for you!

Here is mine, a 4.5x3.5 alcohol inks on watercolor paper, a pulled print that features a nice abstract composition I can't get otherwise.
This is such a pretty print Kay, I like the subtlety of the colours …. it really would make a lovely fabric print too!

I love it Schuee. It's a good thing it's actually possible, but I understand wanting them to just magically be anew! ♥️

Back