Weekly Art Event: December 17 - 24

Artyczar

Welcome to the Weekly Art Event!

Thank you for allowing me to host this week. Since this week ends on the eve of a holiday, I wouldn't worry about posting late.

The prompt for this week is:

DREAMS

I came to this prompt because I was thinking that everyone will soon be thinking of New Year's resolutions. I thought of things like Goals, The Future, and finally landed on Dreams so that the subject was a little looser. I hope this inspires everyone to make something wonderful. I sure hope I will! :ROFLMAO:

Let your imagination soar. Turn on your creative juices.

All media and styles are welcome (drawing, painting, digital, photography, sculpture, multi-media, representational, abstract, etc.). It can be something done quickly, a finished work of art or anything in between. It can be created from your imagination, from life or a photo reference. If you use a photo reference, please make sure it has no applicable copyright restrictions.

Post your finished (or unfinished) art in this thread. Post any time during the week. If you're a little late, just post when you are finished.

Tell us a little about the work if you so desire. For example, you could include the medium you used, where you got your inspiration or how long it took. When you post, it's always nice to "like" or comment on posts made earlier in the thread by other artists. We all like acknowledgement of our work!

Let the prompt spark your creativity. The most important thing is to have fun! :)

Just a little one to start you off. 😁

Dreaming Dog

03AD4C24-9B4A-4653-A2E5-B9CBC29C6690.jpeg

Penny, you are off to a wonderful start.

I like your adorable dog and the "Dream" poster. That's a song I like too.

Penny, you are off to a wonderful start.

I like your adorable dog and the "Dream" poster. That's a song I like too.
Thank you, Anne. It’s a great song. I’m pleased you like it.

😆😂 I didn’t think of that! I did wonder whether many of the youngsters would know it! 🎄
Yes that ages us for those of us who know it! Good choice and I also like your dog dreaming, and yes he's about to fall off his bed!

Thanks, Viv. Thinking of that song reminds me that I lived through the sixties and the rise of the Beatles, and, of course, Elvis! I am more a classical music person than a “pop”one, but enjoyed the tunes of the day.

😆😂 I didn’t think of that! I did wonder whether many of the youngsters would know it! 🎄
I don't consider myself a youngster, but I don't think I know it! :oops: (And I'm a musician!) ...but let me look it up to see if it's the song I'm maybe thinking of.

Back