Weekly Art Event: December 17 - 24

I worked on mine a bit yesterday and hope to finish it up today before the big holiday weekend. I don't know how much I'll be around. :oops:

Okay, I just finished it! My actual dream has always been to retire in the high desert of Joshua Tree, CA, and by golly, that's where I moved to two years ago, so I realized in doing this that I am living the dream! Like a wish upon a star. So here is my little piece that is a small 5 x 5-inch watercolor and ink on Arches called "Shooting Star."

shootingstar72.jpg

Ayin, what a wonderful story and painting. Living your dream, it doesn't get any better than that. Glad you were able to get it done.

Mine is a dreaming puppy. Artrage digital oils worked in multiple layers. I also use the palette knife a lot to blend colors and soften edges.

20211217D Pleasant Dreams (Pixabay).jpg

A really fun part of working with digital media is that you can have multiple versions of the same painting. I decided to give this little fellow a Santa hat but since it is done on a separate layer, I can add or remove it.

20211217D Pleasant Dreams+Hat (Pixabay).jpg

I love your dreaming doggie Anne. Great idea to make the hat a layer so it can be added for the holidays and removed for the rest of the year! :LOL:

Reactions: ams
The Weekly Art Events have started up again after the holidays.

The new event can be found here.

Back