Weekly Art Event: 10-17 December

It's a Round Robin! Good thinking again Penny! 😃😃

Perhaps they don't don't do round robins elsewhere?

I obviously miss posts at times because your robin didn't show up last night when I made my previous comment, yet opened on your post this morning ..... and all those other posts followed.🤷‍♀️.... my marbles are missing!😂😂.... hey! Marbles are round too!

Last edited:
Kay .... your painting wasn't there last night either ... love the roundness and gorgeous colours!

Penny .... off topic slightly .... my post says time was 10.52 pm and yours 11.44pm ..... but I know I wasn't here that late, were you? Timings must have got out of synch a bit!

Thanks Penny. There is a learning curve to create digital art but it is fun once mastered. I use a special digital pen that can draw on the screen (similar to a mouse). I can change the settings so it behaves like an oil brush, an eraser, a palette knife etc. I learned how to create digital art by watching YouTube videos.

Your bird is cute but I wasn't able to figure out the pictogram. Thanks for explaining it. Very clever.

Lovely floral Kay. Wonderful colors and composition.
Thank you, Ann. Would an iPad digital pen work for the drawing, or is it a special pen you have?

Kay .... your painting wasn't there last night either ... love the roundness and gorgeous colours!

Penny .... off topic slightly .... my post says time was 10.52 pm and yours 11.44pm ..... but I know I wasn't here that late, were you? Timings must have got out of synch a bit!
It was late evening, probably around 10, Maureen. The time difference is strange. I very often have to log in when coming to the site, even though I’ve not logged out. I wonder if that affects the time shown.

I obviously miss posts at times because your robin didn't show up last night when I made my previous comment, yet opened on your post this morning ..... and all those other posts followed.🤷‍♀️.... my marbles are missing!😂😂.... hey! Marbles are round too!
Thanks, Maureen. Yes, perhaps round robin letters are called something else outside of the UK! Marbles are a good idea! 😁

Thank you very much, triss. I would have liked to see a musical round drawing from you. 😎

We do have round robins in the US but we call them chain letters.

I thought about marbles being round too but couldn't find a reference I liked and I don't have any to draw from life.

It was late evening, probably around 10, Maureen. The time difference is strange. I very often have to log in when coming to the site, even though I’ve not logged out. I wonder if that affects the time shown.
I also noticed I didn’t have any alerts to any of the threads I follow … I must go check my options, maybe something has upset some bits of the website. I’m posting this at 3.35 pm, UK time, so we’ll see what time it’s given by the site!

horsemoon.png

Digital, made in Krita.

I really debated about that glowing eye, and went back and forth between eye shapes. Still not 100% sold on it but it looks better with than without, and who is ever 100% satisfied with their work anyway? Certainly not me! 🤣

I also noticed I didn’t have any alerts to any of the threads I follow … I must go check my options, maybe something has upset some bits of the website. I’m posting this at 3.35 pm, UK time, so we’ll see what time it’s given by the site!
It read 10:33 AM for the time so it reports local time for the reader, not the poster.

I discovered a little while ago that if I had a draft reply to a thread saved, it stopped giving me alerts for that thread. That may or may not apply to you.

Jessie, that’s a beautiful piece … nice work! I think the eye is good .. reflects the larger circle, so I say keep it!

Re the times and alerts … I checked all my options and they were ok … it’s now gone back to normal this evening.
Anne, my time zone option is set to UK time so my posts show right for me …. it’s how it should be.👍😀

What wonderful entries are already in this thread. Beautiful work, everyone!!

Thank you for hosting, Kay.

And thank you to Kay Smith for the use of her reference photo of a mug and saucer, which both seem round but are actually ellipses… o_O 😅 I find ellipses very tricky! 😆

This is gouche 7x7 on mixed media paper.
8731525F-4080-4EAB-9933-1E00C8864519.jpeg

Last edited:
Jessie, love your horse silhouette against the bright circle. Very effective.

Claudia, your cup of coffee is perfect. Your bubbles in the coffee and the reflection of the cup in the coffee and the reflection of light in the spoon and saucer make it special.

I did this for the Water Media December challenge but I thought I would post it here too since it is ROUND.

Water-soluble graphite and Derwent watercolor pencils. The color isn't as intense I would like so I'm not sure how much I'll work with this combination but it was fun to experiment.

Tomatoes.png

Anne, I really like your tomatoes on the vine and would vote for you to take them further. The greenery is very graceful and artistic.

I really appreciate your lovely comments on my coffee cup. Although, my name is not Claudia, and I'm happy to just go by "monarch" on the forum. 😊💗

Last edited:
Back