Undeserving BS

As you mentioned. BS. Modern BS. look where too much Modern bring us.

That Condo thing someone paid $1,830,000 for it. Real dollars I guess, not Monopoly money. Where do you hang crap like this? If you hang it in your living room above the fireplace, no guests will ever come to visit. If you hang it in your son’s room, his classmates will think that he is retarded. If you hang it in the kitchen, your family and guests will lose their appetite. So the toilet is your best shot.

Well. thats my slogen. "i would hung it in toilet"
Humanity lost it way ago.
bs.jpg

What is your opinion of Basquiat? I ask since I always think there is something wrong with me, because I can't appreciate his work. I usually ascribe it to a difference in taste.

Edit: I see you posted that while I was typing.

Yes, I believe there is nothing "wrong" with you. It is a difference in taste and that's all there is to it! I personally really like Basquiat. A lot. I might now freak-out love his work, but I would say I'm almost loving it. I also think it was important work. I hate how all these artists try really hard to copy him (though, they are usually very young), but don't mind when artists are deeply influenced by their most favorite artists. That is perfectly natural.

That Condo thing someone paid $1,830,000 for it. Real dollars I guess, not Monopoly money. Where do you hang crap like this? If you hang it in your living room above the fireplace, no guests will ever come to visit. If you hang it in your son’s room, his classmates will think that he is retarded. If you hang it in the kitchen, your family and guests will lose their appetite. So the toilet is your best shot.

"Retarded" is not a word that is used anymore when referring to someone who is mentally challenged, even when making a joke, Nufocus. If you don't know this, please be advised. We don't appreciate that kind of speech here if you already do know this and decided to not be "politically correct" and used the word in this way despite that. Let me know.

Nufocus, if you do not like Frankethaler (actually, it looks as if you hate her work), that's too bad. You kinda make these statement as if they are fact when they are just your opinions, but I can not agree with you at all. I like her work. I don't think it's the best thing since sliced bread or anything, but I don't believe it should be so dismissed. I think the "expert" in the video wasn't spewing crap at all. He was actually deeply inspired by her paintings. I don't understand how you think this affects "underserving" artists. How so??? Who are the deserving artists and which ones "deserve?" Who are you to decide that??? Jeez.

"Retarded" is not a word that is used anymore when referring to someone who is mentally challenged, even when making a joke, Nufocus. If you don't know this, please be advised. We don't appreciate that kind of speech here if you already do know this and decided to not be "politically correct" and used the word in this way despite that. Let me know.
Three things Arty:
1. If you read what I had today about Frankenthaler again you’ll notice that I ended up with my opinion.
2. Kids around the English speaking world use the word restarted regularly. Unfortunately.
3. I came here to enjoy being here. If I stopped enjoying I’ll say goodbye. No problem.

Nufocus, if you do not like Frankethaler (actually, it looks as if you hate her work), that's too bad. You kinda make these statement as if they are fact when they are just your opinions, but I can not agree with you at all. I like her work. I don't think it's the best thing since sliced bread or anything, but I don't believe it should be so dismissed. I think the "expert" in the video wasn't spewing crap at all. He was actually deeply inspired by her paintings. I don't understand how you think this affects "underserving" artists. How so??? Who are the deserving artists and which ones "deserve?" Who are you to decide that??? Jeez.
Nufocus was giving his opinion to which he is perfectly entitled, as are all of us of course.
I value his opinion more than the "expert" here, as I do yours.

As far as his use of the word "retarded" is concerned, in my opinion he was accurately describing the puerile word that those kids would use to each other.
Again, that is just my opinion, and further that he was not endorsing the use of such word.

Peace and good will to all.

Seems others like to have their opinions, but don't want to hear different ones. I have a right to mine too. I'll talk to everyone later. Take care and best.

Edit: I'll talk to everyone later about using certain words later. I'm on my phone on this account and can't freely express things. However I was not trying to lecture anyone. I'm trying to get to the bottom of why it was used and if there was awareness of it being a slur. .

Last edited:
2F558241-A250-4120-8BBF-ACA222014F63.jpeg
Here is a masterpiece which IMHO puts that Frankenthaler to shame. I wonder what poetical words that man would utter while examining this one carefully:….
This is a photo of a dirty wall in a refugee camp in the Gaza Strip. If you call that guy from MOMA please don’t tell him.
Reminds me of the world’s top wine experts who meet regularly for blind tastings. In just about 90% of the time they can’t even identify the type of grape, let alone the specific wine. And of course these are the experts who rate thousands of wines and are followed widely by millions who buy wines that are highly rated only to say how wonderful they are even if they spit the first mouthful and then offer the rest of the bottle to the neighbor they hate the most.

That's how I want to paint .. you can see images galore in that thing ..

Desforges ... even Dylan loved the Hendrix version ... he had nothing but good to say about it.
Correct, Wayne. And Dylan is the last guy to give compliments

View attachment 13650Here is a masterpiece which IMHO puts that Frankenthaler to shame. I wonder what poetical words that man would utter while examining this one carefully:….
This is a photo of a dirty wall in a refugee camp in the Gaza Strip. If you call that guy from MOMA please don’t tell him.
Reminds me of the world’s top wine experts who meet regularly for blind tastings. In just about 90% of the time they can’t even identify the type of grape, let alone the specific wine. And of course these are the experts who rate thousands of wines and are followed widely by millions who buy wines that are highly rated only to say how wonderful they are even if they spit the first mouthful and then offer the rest of the bottle to the neighbor they hate the most.
This kind of grungy texture one sees in the real world triggers a deep-felt response in me that I find inspiring. I want to share that feeling with others, and that's why my paintings and the glazes on my ceramics often end up looking like that. I came to the realization a while ago that my paintings don't represent anything, in the sense that they aren't pictures of anything. They are simply themselves and should be seen as objects that exist in their own right. If my response to an old wall is genuinely emotional and my motives are pure when I try to show others, would you say that the end result is BS? I ask you this, because it is something I have thought about a lot.

This kind of grungy texture one sees in the real world triggers a deep-felt response in me that I find inspiring. I want to share that feeling with others, and that's why my paintings and the glazes on my ceramics often end up looking like that. I came to the realization a while ago that my paintings don't represent anything, in the sense that they aren't pictures of anything. They are simply themselves and should be seen as objects that exist in their own right. If my response to an old wall is genuinely emotional and my motives are pure when I try to show others, would you say that the end result is BS? I ask you this, because it is something I have thought about a lot.
No!! No!! Not BS at all. I for one understand well what you accomplish with your abstractions. When I said that that wall in and of itself is more meaningful (“better”) for than that Frankenthaler, I meant it. When I look at an abstract piece I do NOT try to see objects in there, something that many humans tend to do (including, with all due respect, member on this site).
Wayne suggested here that he’d like to paint like the image of that wall. Me too!

No!! No!! Not BS at all. I for one understand well what you accomplish with your abstractions. When I said that that wall in and of itself is more meaningful (“better”) for than that Frankenthaler, I meant it. When I look at an abstract piece I do NOT try to see objects in there, something that many humans tend to do (including, with all due respect, member on this site).
Wayne suggested here that he’d like to paint like the image of that wall. Me too!
I most like the clouds abstraction :ROFLMAO:

Back