Undeserving BS

N

Nufocus

When you look at this thing and listen to the crap that comes out of the mouth of that “expert”, you understand exactly what and who “undeserving artists” are.

Cheers!

Ps obviously, some of you will jump on me and would want to choke me…. Helen Frankethaler?!?…. She was a genius!….
It’s always been tough to be an iconoclast.
I admire deeply de Kooning, Kline, Cicely Brown… Please don’t get me wrong. But garbage is garbage. Hey, my opinion….

You think this is the only garbage around? :ROFLMAO: you just need to make good connections with the people who runs the university or academy wich have connections to the big gallereis who runs the "world of art". ye even this cant keep it purity when the money pirates around.

You think this is the only garbage around? :ROFLMAO: you just need to make good connections with the people who runs the university or academy wich have connections to the big gallereis who runs the "world of art". ye even this cant keep it purity when the money pirates around.
Oh no, my dear!! I’ve been receiving mail regularly from both Sotheby’s and Christie’s…. I’ve seen so much crap that I wouldn’t pee on…. Crap all the way from here to Kamchatka and beyond…..

A few more “samples”:
1. A George Condo. If I did that one I’d surely go over with something else. Junk.
2. Basquiat. I love his work. In this one he showed that he could draw a little better than he did in most of his other works. This one on paper sold for $2,250,000.
3. A great work by Cicely Brown.

Attachments

• 161D6022-9587-4138-AD24-FD94F1C83F9E.jpeg
    161D6022-9587-4138-AD24-FD94F1C83F9E.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 137
  • 67188150-522E-444A-86D0-C30D544DE93A.jpeg
    67188150-522E-444A-86D0-C30D544DE93A.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 134
  • 5CBB4222-23A8-4057-A237-86BB896D3DF4.jpeg
    5CBB4222-23A8-4057-A237-86BB896D3DF4.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 134
What is your opinion of Basquiat? I ask since I always think there is something wrong with me, because I can't appreciate his work. I usually ascribe it to a difference in taste.

Edit: I see you posted that while I was typing.

What is your opinion of Basquiat? I ask since I always think there is something wrong with me, because I can't appreciate his work. I usually ascribe it to a difference in taste.
Shucks, I guess I answered your question before I saw it….😆🤓
There’s a whole new generation of artists trying to be “Basquiats”. He did open the door to a new kind of art imho.

I guess it's like music. I acknowledge that Tchaikovsky was a great composer, but I simply don't like his music.

Are you familiar with his violin concerto? I think it’s sublime.
Oh yes, I've been familiar with all his major works since I was a young boy. The violin concerto is, indeed, beautiful, as are the piano concertos, but for some reason I have never taken to them.

Let me ask Hermes who’s your favorite classical composer?
That is not easy to answer. There isn't just one, because it depends on my mood and the context. I cannot imagine living without Bach, Mozart, and Schubert. But then there is Beethoven, who is also a favourite. Of the later composers, I love Wagner and Brahms. As far as 20th century composers are concerned, my favourites are Debussy, Ravel, and Stravinsky. I have to say that some days I would include Bartok as one of my favourites.

No, not really. I just love quite a lot of things and I don’t always go by the composer….
Examples: Rachmaninov’s piano concerto #2, Beethoven’s Pathetique, Schubert’s Trout, Mozart’s too many to mention…, Sibelius’s violin concerto, Grieg’s piano concerto, blah, blah…
I guess most of us started with the four seasons and moved on from there….😆👍

Back