Three Soft Pastels for Pastel Juried Show

Congratulations! Yes! Please do let us know about the show with links if you don't mind. :)

These are all lovely but that first piece is stunningly emotive. I want to know what is around the bend! The color choice is strong yet still realistic. The contrasts between warm and cool colors is engaging. Thanks for sharing😊

Scamall, thanks. I always see color. I try to keep it real, sort of.

Kay, thank you. You inspire me to paint more.

21017puddles650framed.jpg

Here is Puddles all framed up. Directly on Optium Museum acrylic glazing in a 3 inch plein air frame so is 18 x 18 inches. The acrylic was easier to handle than museum glass, non reflective, UV protected and lighter. Still expensive but so much easier and more resistant to scratches or so they say. First time to use it.

The awards "reception" is on Zoom on February 5, and I think they will put the show on-line then. You can RSVP and join in on the Austin Pastel page. Puddles was accepted in the Austin Pastel Society Annual Juried show, Celebrate Pastels, at Austin Art and Frame in Austin Texas from February 7 - March 31. Gallery open Monday-Friday 12 pm to 5 pm and Saturday 1200 noon to 2:00p.m.
Austin Art and Frame
2805 Bee Cave Rd Suite 430
Austin, Texas 78746
512-306-1064
Website

That's a beautiful frame for your painting. I hope someone decides they need to take this gorgeous painting home with them, Jo.

Donna, thank you. In this time there aren't so many walk in viewers. I hope the people start getting out more. Austin is still under strict mask wearing so we shall see.

Sanlynn, thank you. I'm always drawn to red, but I like all three as well. Sometimes that doesn't happen. Ha.

Jo, they're all beautiful. Best wishes, you are entering a winner, for sure.

Jo, they're all beautiful. Best wishes, you are entering a winner, for sure.
ntl, thank you so much. Getting in the show is pretty nice.

They are giving awards tomorrow on zoom. I must not be getting one because I saw that someone else had received an email so that they would be sure to be online. They haven't put the show online yet. I'll let everyone know when they do.

Thanks for all the support.

Thanks for the link, Jo. Your work is with some very good company including Albert Handell. Wow!

Back