This was supposed to be petals floating

Terri

Supporting Member
....but then I realized that cats would be so much better.

Floating cats 1.jpg

This is a few years old now, and I just came across it today. It started as an exercise in sketching people, and it kinda took an odd turn. :LOL:

9x12" Arches oil paper, Mungyo Gallery soft oil pastels, with a few Senneliers and Prismacolor pencils for details. Thanks for looking!

That's a hoot! As a cat owner, I find it hilarious. Oh, and the artwork is nice :)

OMG, that lit me up like crazy! ♥️ :love: I love this. Don't you love it when you set out to create one thing and it turns into something else? It becomes like a magic process that can only be achieved in that prefect art "zone" we sometimes (or maybe only I can only "sometimes") get into. This is really original and wonderful.

OMG, that lit me up like crazy! ♥️ :love: I love this. Don't you love it when you set out to create one thing and it turns into something else? It becomes like a magic process that can only be achieved in that prefect art "zone" we sometimes (or maybe only I can only "sometimes") get into. This is really original and wonderful.
Thank you, Arty. Yes - I know exactly what you're saying. This one marked one of the first times I felt that towards my OP work. I consider myself a photographer first, and always a bit squirmy out of my comfort zone with OPs. :)

Why not floating cats? I wish I could turn off the literal part of my brain and be creative like this!

Why not floating cats? I wish I could turn off the literal part of my brain and be creative like this!
Oh, I bet you get some good ideas. :) The next time something off the wall pops into your head just throw caution to the wind and go for it!

Sylwia, Maureen - thank you both! I appreciate the comments very much. 💕

Back