Dimension of Imagination (apologies to Rod Serling)

Looking at it again, I am reminded of Giorgio de Chirico's shadowy scenes. I was offered a small, affordable Chirico bronze sculpture by a dealer once, but I was collecting Lalique then, so I stupidly didn't buy it.
OMG!!! I had to Google this artist's name to see what you meant, and I totally get it. What a great artist - thank you for the introduction!

I agree that you should have bought the sculpture. :( sniffle

I had to Google this artist's name to see what you meant, and I totally get it. What a great artist - thank you for the introduction!
I feel like Rodney Dangerfield sometimes:
laika said:
Has a kind of de Chirico feel - the stark and lonely monuments/buildings casting their long shadows, and the lack of much in the way of human presence...

But anyway, your post has got me watching the first season, from 1959...

Last edited:
Very cool! Has a kind of de Chirico feel - the stark and lonely monuments/buildings casting their long shadows, and the lack of much in the way of human presence...
You may have noticed that artworks in certain episodes have that "out there" feel.

But anyway, your post has got me watching the first season, from 1959...
Silly me! I did not see your mention of Chirico before. Of the surrealists, I like him more than Dali.

Apologies, Lamar! I clearly glazed right past it. 😊 <<-- Red-faced!

This forum has actually been great for me because of these kinds of mentions, so I try to pay attention to get me exploring. I really do appreciate it! ❤️ And I'm tickled that you're watching the series from the beginning. I can't say how far back the shows I've seen go, but it could be as far back as 1959. They're almost always pretty "out there."

Back