The Next Sketch Is

Just done with this one today. Using 3 photos and trying to make sense of the old farm scene. Not sure if it works or not (watercolor 1/4 sheet)

Next is anything relating to a farm.

Retired wagon iPhone.jpg

I think you did well- there was a lot to keep track of in that piece especially the wagon wheels and back area!
This is 2 1/2 x 3 1/2” watercolor.
I went past his place for most of my life. It had a very unusual Victorian farmhouse that dominated that hilltop- you really didn’t see much of the barn. I always thought it looked very imposing, a little bit like in a movie. One day I went by and they had torn the old house down. So I made sure I painted it with the barn.
Next : decorative
IMG_0200.jpeg

Last edited:
Mine was just a very simple piece that I did for a card trade. But I think John a lot of people care about landscape. And I have really come around to it. I find it comforting or even sublime. And the skill level with all the values etc. I just think it is my favourite now. And I do like abstract, not all abstract, but I like a lot of abstract. So I really have evolved in my taste.

Last edited:
Christine I like that thin line of light on the barn roof. How you did that so small I wonder. That simple thing really makes it.

Yes landscapes are comforting. I guess the other stuff does other things. What do we like? Who knows? All of it maybe. :)

Thank you John. Well I’ll tell you sometimes with the miniatures I feel like I’m going cross eyed!
There are merits to all manner of art. But the best, whatever the medium or style, just hits us in some manner.

This sorta relates to a farm. These were the toys I played with as a kid with my brother. We threw away the Fisher Price people and made the animals in charge of the farm. The dog was the king of the land.

View attachment 43080
Next: toys.
I love this piece! I played with this toy. I am smiling looking at it. You are so creative!
We have both posted on this theme. I had said the next was going to be decorative BUT let’s do “toys”. Should be FUN! I’m really glad you posted your piece so I got a chance to see it and enjoy it.🙂🙂 The animals are great.

I love this piece! I played with this toy. I am smiling looking at it. You are so creative!
We have both posted on this theme. I had said the next was going to be decorative BUT let’s do “toys”. Should be FUN! I’m really glad you posted your piece so I got a chance to see it and enjoy it.🙂🙂 The animals are great.
Thank you so much Christine! ♥️

Back