The Next Sketch Is

Thank you, Christine. I love color, the brighter the better. Sanlynn, love your butterfly. It is one of my favorite subjects. I have many butterfly drawings and paintings.

Frog Patterns72.jpg

Next is another amphibian.

Kay and Bee, your frogs are fantastic. You both take a good rendering further with your sense of design. Very creative.
Bee your use of colour and graphic style makes a confident and strong piece. Very good!

I can feeeeeel the sculptural shape of the face! I think it’s great how it looks like i could reach in and touch the cheekbone. The tilted head looks very natural. Well, we learn the most from the pieces we struggle with the most. Great job on this Dawn.

1724860931171.png

16x20 oil

I was watching Michael James Smith and I realized that making a good painting may require some effort and patience. Arrrgh. So I challenged myself to do something like that. Watching how he works was very educational. An underpainting? You mean I have to paint twice?! Some four years later and I still need to varnish this. I keep thinking I'll do some minor additions and I never do.

Stay with the challenging outside comfort zone.

Arty I like the head board and 3d quality of the blankets. I am intrigued with the scenario. And is that a Mickey Mouse gloved hand I see?

Back