Text and Image

I hope the Hot Potato is a familiar idiom, otherwise I will look like a bunch of bananas hanging from a holly bush, or Dragon fruit balanced on the head of a ticket inspector, or...I better shut up.

Wheee! (That is the title, not me getting excited)

20210909_114208.png

Sometimes confirmation is everything. I know this feeling. I feel like I missed out on this because I didn't have any kind of formal art training in the beginning, and often feel intimidated because all my artist friends have Master degrees in art, or are really well-trained drafts people. My stuff is intuitive and I often don't know what it is, if it's "okay," etc. It doesn't stop me from working/trying/making, it would just help to have confirmation. I get it from different types of sources, but I like talking about it with a variety of artists.

IMO, you have a great sense of composition and color. It amazes me a lot of the time because of your eye issues. It is inspiring to me.

When I was a teen, I felt the same way about Klee and Kandinsky, just looking and studying their sense of color and composition. It also felt intuitive, yet extremely intelligent.

Thank you for the kind and interesting words, Art and Joe. Well, Joe had one word, but what a word!

I wouldn't have been able to earn a Masters, then or now. I have tried things and I have failed. Like yourself, it is intuitive. Art is the one place where one can follow one's own initiative, without recourse to some outside authority or rules. That's the beauty of it. We ourselves make the rules.

Poised before the lone performance.

Poised Before the Lone Performance.png

It sounds like the nerghbours are having fun. That reminds me of a poem I never quite wrote. It was about a dream of being awakened by relations, celebrating relations, and having a pint of lager poured over my head. And the punchline to the poem read,

It was my first taste of a good time.

Crazy dream.

I like this one Iain. Looks great. ❤️ ❤️ I also like the little guy balancing on the elephant's trunk. ;)

I love me some spirals!!!! ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ They mean everything to me. I have them tattooed on me actually. This one is great! Love it!

Thank you, sno and Art. That is a favourite of the bunch for me. The off-white outline containing the spirals have, to me, an interesting quality - like that of fungi, fruiting bodies of fungi. I'm a fun guy 😁 as can be seen.

I would like to see the spiral tattoo, if you don't mind showing it. I have a "Phoenix" done thirty years ago. It is a stylized image. Pretty crap, but the idea still holds.

20210913_021200.png

Last edited:
I like this one too.

My tattoos look like crap now (because of years of sun). They are on my wrists. The left is a broken spiral, and the right has a bunch of different little spirals.

leftwrist.jpg
rightwrist.jpg

Can we see your phoenix?

Back