Text and Image

Thank you! I would like to employ you as the spokesperson for my self-esteem 😁

Welcome to my beasts of burden with their bovine concern.

Safety in Numbers.

Safety in numbers.jpg

Wow! This makes me think of a lot of things. Where do I start? Centipedes. Fish bones. Crabs looking at me with big eyeballs through their shells. Sea turtles. Kaleidoscopes. A color composition I wish I'd thought up. ♥️

In other words, Arty, it reminds you of everything except that which the 'artist" intended it to represent! 😁

Poppies.

Blew poppies.png

Okay, well, that does make me feel sort of sad...but the work must stand on its own, no? Once you say how you want it to be interpreted, I can see it, but once you show it, it's mine to interpret. Yes?

So, I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE these poppies. I want them hung up on my brain walls. ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ They calm me from my horrors and give me some escape. THANK YOU.

I was attempting levity with the above comment. Apologies if it was misjudged. Yes, I agree, it is for the viewer to interpret. but the artist may feel they have failed if what they are trying to convey isn't realised, I think. I don't know. I must think about this more. Rather pleased that you liked Poppies. I have quite a few images, and variations, i am lost to evaluation...hardly worthy of a complaint.

Did I misjudge? I apologize if I misjudged your misjudgment! (?)

I do have to agree about feeling a bit failed if the audience doesn't get the intended feelings of the artist. I think a "successful" painting would/might have that ability, but a successful painting can also be a piece that truly connects with the viewer and touches them in some way. Isn't that important?

I think we would hope that a painting do both - connect and convey the maker's intention. If there is an intention. Ambiguity is often the thing. I think we are in agreement? Relate is always an option. 😁

Last edited:
Ah, I see. My first thought was, "laf is an artist. Artists do random stuff."

That title would actually fit better than mine. I can be too serious at times. Thank you laf 🙂

On a sort of related note. I had heard of Movember, but not Inktober. One could combine both and draw moustaches on oneself, upon willing participants, and upon those unwilling but easily rendered incapacitated. Well, maybe not the last category.

20210709_092632.png

I am sure a blue one would look very becoming. "Becoming" - what a curious phrase. Surgical masks with a range of detachable moustaches - "Go shopping, spread the mirth!"

Back