Text and Image

I AM THE MASTER. The master of disaster. 😁 I heard the statement, "Talent borrows. Genius steals." I don't know what that means, ha, but steal away. Not that you need to. 😉 Thank you kindly Art.

Btw. I love the last Dan piece posted on Instagram, with its patterns and threads hanging like braids.

Hermes, thanks for thinking of moi! I just use cut and paste. And mess with an images values. I don't use, can't use, software programs; certainly couldn't do the 3D stuff. My images are photographs, begin as photographs, so it's not digital art in its purest form. Maybe photo montage. I don't know.

A moustachioed pistachio nut.

20211014_231435.jpg

Hermes, thanks for thinking of moi! I just use cut and paste. And mess with an images values. I don't use, can't use, software programs; certainly couldn't do the 3D stuff. My images are photographs, begin as photographs, so it's not digital art in its purest form. Maybe photo montage. I don't know.
I thought that you created these pieces purely digitally, so was interested to know which software packages you use. I guess I am slanted that way, hence my assumption!

Have you tried putting objects on a scanner bed? One can make interesting images that way as well, without using software.

I did have a free version of PS, but did not know where to begin. Not knowing, not being able to, is not necessarily a bad thing, at least where art is concerned. Or so I believe.

Actually I have thought about the potential use of the scanner. Cheers Hermes.

I also have a bootleg version of PS, an old CS, upgraded from a stolen older version. It works just fine for me.

Thank you for your compliment on "Connected" which is that Dan piece. I sewed it with a continuous piece of embroidery thread, and then some.

I love your moustachioed pistachio nut. You make me laugh and cheer up my day--always! ♥️

I don't know what reaction I would have to this. Not to be a bore, but I might, my idea was of the reader being informed of having hallucinations, as a hallucination is seen emerging from the paper, obscuring the text. The text might not express what I think it does, but no matter, the idea is merely an added dimension to the appearance - an individual having to justify their presence.

Thank you Art. I hope the open studio is panning out well.

I don't know what reaction I would have to this. Not to be a bore, but I might, my idea was of the reader being informed of having hallucinations, as a hallucination is seen emerging from the paper, obscuring the text. The text might not express what I think it does, but no matter, the idea is merely an added dimension to the appearance - an individual having to justify their presence.

Thank you Art. I hope the open studio is panning out well.

You're never a bore.

On another inspection, I had feeling of your sight impairment. If I combine that with hallucinations, or the idea that Bests, I feel like it can feel similar to being on mushrooms or something. I've had these floaty things in front of my eyes before when I've had big exacerbations of neurological flair ups. I have not had them in years. They are not colorful like this, but could be if I was on a good enough drug! Or even a little THC?

I can see, if this happened, it would stop a person and make them think about their own existence, if just a little (or a lot). Depending on the person, of course.

The studio thing...it has not panned out well yet. Lot's of frustration with it so far, but maybe today and tomorrow will be better. It has left me angry, truthfully, and being angry makes me angry at myself. :(

Yes, it occured to me that the visual impairment might have been a factor. 🙂 I had no idea of it initially.

I am sorry to hear that. I have my fingers crossed for better days. 🤎

These are compelling! I don't know which I like better, but they kind of go together in that they feel very similar--in terms of what they might be addressing. Something deep within the body. It's weird how we seem to tap into the same aesthetic universe at times, if if they have different meanings. I could refer you to many things that this makes me think of in my own stuff.

Anyway, I really like these. ♥️

Thanks Joe! I am glad that made you laugh. I added the fig leaf for that, and because both images are identical.

That occurred to me too, Art. I recognised your work in these, and before, in other work, and I thought, "My god, I hope they don't think I am plagerizing!" 😄 I can't explain it. I feel, ultimately, I have little control over what I produce. I guess that has something to do with the techniques employed. I am pleased we have the connection. I find that rare.

Ha ha ha! Yes, I too feel like I have little control over what I'm making. How I make it might be in my control though. I am really happy that we have that connection. I often want to post my own artwork images after you post yours in this thread, but I wouldn't dare. :censored:

Cool!...well you you posted these last images, I thought of these...

xrayangeldetail.jpg

and this one:

swallow.jpg

Maybe this one too:

targetpractice.jpg

Artyczar, you know I said I would be "delighted" your work is posted next to mine... 😁

Actually, with the images here, I was thinking of your less colour-based line drawing paintings, like, for example, "So Gone." At least in terms of aesthetics. (I find the word Aesthetics attractive). Excuse the measly, late response.

Back