Text and Image

Conversation in a bathtub.jpg

Thank you very much. You are so good to me, and for me, I am pleased if you can gain some laughs (even unintentionally) from this. 😁

I am never sure of the affect.

Anyhow, the dialogue was the result of a dream. I became aware of dreaming while in the dream. When that occurs one has a certain control over what happens, or at least has the illusion of it.

She was beautiful.

I was heartbroken.

😁

I think I read some things into it that, yes, maybe you didn't intend. Something funny, then something very real.

This was originally written for a post. It's a post post poem. I wanted to have the text with an image background, but couldn't work it without losing legibility. My sight has gotten worse. The "hands free" magnifier I use isn't now strong enough and I compensate with a handheld one.

The Best Disease.jpg

You make me want to laugh and cry at the same time. ❤️

I'm sorry to learn about your disease, but nothing seems to have affected your cleverness or sense of humor - cheers to you!

This was originally written for a post. It's a post post poem. I wanted to have the text with an image background, but couldn't work it without losing legibility. My sight has gotten worse. The "hands free" magnifier I use isn't now strong enough and I compensate with a handheld one.

View attachment 19718
Seriously? 😕

Thanks Donna. 🙂Yes, JD. It's not like the condition will lead to blindness, but it does affect the central vision. Being degenerative, my sight has reduced again recently. I still have hope I will be left with enough to carrying on doing what I do. I enjoy it!

I don't even know what to say, except you have me crying. I know you probably don't want that, but you are my friend and I just wish you didn't have this nasty issue happening with your vision. I love the work you're producing despite it all happening, however. It's just that I think you would have made incredible art either way.

Shit Iain that is really tough, sorry to hear it.I really hope you can carry on producing

Thanks laf. Me too. I mean, this is a kind of a late renaissance (see that word!) for me.

Thanks Art. I appreciate those words. You're right. I wouldn't want anyone to feel sorry - even if it got so I couldn't work as I am now. Complete darkness might be another matter, but that is not the outcome with this. Thank goodness!

Last edited:
Somehow I'd never thought of the word renaissance as a word to describe you - but why not haha😄

Back