Text and Image

Thank you both. I was lifted by that appraisal, Art!

A slight variation of this is posted on Instagram.

20210809_013730.jpg

Very nice looks ike a spray gun application or pasted paper over cardboard. Interesting design with loverly color notes.

Thank guys 👍

A person travels half way around the world to see a specific painting that is no longer on display.
"Where's 'Head of a peasant woman'"?
"Oh, that was painted over, Sir,"
"It was what? Why?"
"We felt visitors would benefit from a change, so we replaced the Vincent with an Iain. Let's face it, it wasn't a painting from the popular period." ...
"Who?" 😲

Entrance, by me.jpg

Much appreciated, Art. I like the old ornate frame. The contrast. I did consider signing everything "by me" - as if everyone should inherently know who that is.

Thank you Art and Joe and Sno. Very much appreciated.
Guatemalan Blue is the name given to the fictitious fish of the image. Now did i really have to tell you that? 😁

Eau de toilette le eternite, or, On the toilet for an eternity.

Toilet Eternal.png

At least you can get off the pan, if only occasionally 😁, and can make it. Saying this, sometimes one cannot even make it TO the pan, never mind art.

Prior to giving the bogus translation to the French title, I should have written, "for non-French speakers..."

When I was young I got arrested and went to court for a particular smell...

"Why does a 15 year old want aftershave? Ho ho ho," the Juvenile Judge laughed. The whole court laughed too.
"I could have got 10 to 15 POUNDS for that and they think I'm a fool kid, that it was a mere foolhardy, unpremeditated act! Wait, that is good!"

I was given 6 months Conditional Discharge,
and I was ordered to attend meetings with s probation officer.

A young blonde
with a fine pair.

They could have sentenced
me to another six weeks with her.

*(Crime Doesn't Pay)

These are both compelling. Do you ever want to paint any of these compositions, or do you feel satisfied as they are? I'm not asking to offend, so I hope it doesn't. If so, I will shut it. :censored:

I haven't felt compelled to paint these, although i could see the value in doing so from your observation on the repetative pattern piece posted above. I doubt I would be able to capture in paint the essential quality of these last two. It would never have crossed my mind to regard the motivation behind your words as anything but benign. I feel blessed with the attention given to my stuff. I feel my limitations are extended, made somewhat irrelevant, by the possibilities of the medium - digital photography? - I find myself working in here. I am not even sure how to categorize . Edit: flippant remark.

Last edited:
Back