Study for Watermedia Challenge

laika

Loitering Member
Last page of my current doodle book. This was me working out some ideas for a watermedia challenge at Site X.
Water-soluble oil pastels, white gouache, opaque pan watercolor, Inktense pencils, pigment, graphite, ink...
sbook.jpg

Lamar, I like how you've used different media in this sketch. Congrats on finishing your doodle book.

Wow! I'm impressed by the variety of water media you managed to incorporate in here. Looks like a fun challenge!

Interesting use of water media. seems like something fun to try.
Thank you, Jane! The part of it that i'm having the most fun with is experimenting with inexpensive water-soluble oil pastels by making them soupy in little ceramic containers and then adding a pinch of pigment to the mix to get punchier colors and then applying the colors with a brush.

thanks For the info on the water soluble oil pastels. Never new they existed. I’m still just using up all the old supplies I have accumulated. May have to try something new. looking forward to see what you do next with them.

I'm impressed how well all the different media types work together.
Thanks for commenting, JessieNebulous! What I'm most excited about is the mixing of pure pigment into the inexpensive water-soluble oil pastels and working over that in places with the opaque watercolors.

Thank you, Jane! The part of it that i'm having the most fun with experimenting with inexpensive water-soluble oil pastels by making them soupy in little ceramic containers and then adding a pinch of pigment to the mix to get punchier colors and then applying the colors with a brush.
I really like this idea. Thanks for sharing.

Wow, thanks for commenting, JennieJo! I'd almost forgotten that I'd posted this :) I hope to get back to my experiments soon.

Back